SWM lnb types

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
What is the difference between the different Directv SWM lnb types such as sl3s4nr2-14 sl3s4nr5-01 3D1LNBR0-01 3D2LNBR0-01 3D2RBLNBR0-14 (reverse band?) and which ones will work for the markets that only require the Sl3 lnb for just a standard slimline setup to a single tuner receiver?

If you're getting something for free, any SWM LNB will work, including the SL5 models. If you're buying get 3D2RBLNB. Even though a single tuner receiver will never use reverse band since the price of the LNB is basically the same either way, might as well have it in case you upgrade or repurpose that dish someday.

What if multiple receivers would be needed in an MDU environment such as a hotel that can be connected to splitters and switches? Which lnbs would work in those cases? I may want to make sure if I get some in bulk that it will work for different situations. I occasionally am called to replace lnbs at hotels but had more familiar with Dish Network equipment.

What if multiple receivers would be needed in an MDU environment such as a hotel that can be connected to splitters and switches? Which lnbs would work in those cases? I may want to make sure if I get some in bulk that it will work for different situations. I occasionally am called to replace lnbs at hotels but had more familiar with Dish Network equipment.

You need the SL5 legacy LNB. The reverse band version for new installs, but you can use the four output version for existing installs where you don't have six trunk lines.

I'm told you can't use the reverse band one as a retrofit with only four lines connected. Which is stupid if true, so I'm skeptical but have not tried it. If it did work for that then that's the only legacy LNB you need to stock.

If your doing MDU, or Hotel installs then you need a SL5 with 6 outputs.

Then your cascading SWM 30’s