swm satillite aiming

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I need to fine tune it. 99 and 103 are weak. I have adjusted the dish in all directions using the receiver and the signal is still weak on those satellites.

:welcome to Satelliteguys blackbear10!

What are your signal levels on all of the satellites? If you push lightly on the back of the dish at the top, then bottom, left and right, what does that do to the levels? That should indicate which way the dish needs to be adjusted. Remember that when you make adjustments, you have to let the meter read that and give you the new numbers.

The other satellites are in the high 80's and low 90's. 99 and 103 are high 40's low 50's. I can get a satlink ws6909 and want to know if that will get those sats tuned in.

I'm not an installer, so I don't know which meter will work, but the small black knobs are used for fine tuning. Give it a try!

The other satellites are in the high 80's and low 90's. 99 and 103 are high 40's low 50's. I can get a satlink ws6909 and want to know if that will get those sats tuned in.

Don't know, but using the receiver to check tuning works fine.
First, you need to get the dish aligned on 101. Correct alignment will have most signals in the high 90s or even 100. Unless you do this, the 99/103 signals will NOT come in correctly. Do NOT worry about 99 and 103 until you have maximized 101.
Once you have done that, the 99 and 103 signals should be close to aligned. Only 99c, 103ca and 103cb are relevant - 99s and 103s are spotbeams and so many signals will be low or zero. A correctly aligned dish will have 99c/103ca/103cb signals in at least the high 80s.

SWM does not use voltage from the receiver but from a power injector instead. This means that a lot of signal meters will not work with this particular lnb. The advantage of a signal meter is to fine tune a satellite and a signal meter will register signals that a satellite receiver will not.

If your skew (tilt) is on the correct setting and your pole/mast is plumb then the readings from all the satellites should be pretty similar, 80s and above. If you need to use a signal meter to find the signal at all then you can put a phase 3 lnb on the dish, fine tune it with meter, then connect the coax from the SWM lnb directly to the receiver and facing the reflector move dish slightly to the right (move dish slightly to the left if behind the dish where the adjustment bolts are).

My 101 is all 83's. I thought one of your members would know if that particular meter would work for me or not.
83 is much too low. And your signals can't be "all 83s", some 101 transponders are spotbeams and will be low or even zero. Are you sure you are pointed at 101?

One of them is 82. I am sorry if you guys take offense but I only asked if that signal meter would work with my dish setup. This is not my first goround with dish set ups. Thanks for your help.

One of them is 82. I am sorry if you guys take offense but I only asked if that signal meter would work with my dish setup. This is not my first goround with dish set ups. Thanks for your help.

Apparently, no one has used that particular meter.

That being the case, I would say No that it won't work .... then again, if you change out to a Non SWM lnb for pointing, it may, the SWM is a different animal.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)