Original poster
May 17, 2005
I have:
3 HR21 (HD DVR)
1 R15 (DVR)

Using:
Slimline 5LNB
SWM Multiswitch

As you probably know, the HR21's are compatible with SWM technology but the R15 is not. Is there a way I can send the normal stacked signal to the R15 and then the SWM signals to the three HR21s? Or should I call D* and ask for an R16 as a swap for the R15?

I have:
3 HR21 (HD DVR)
1 R15 (DVR)

Using:
Slimline 5LNB
SWM Multiswitch

As you probably know, the HR21's are compatible with SWM technology but the R15 is not. Is there a way I can send the normal stacked signal to the R15 and then the SWM signals to the three HR21s? Or should I call D* and ask for an R16 as a swap for the R15?
Assuming that all of the outlets are homerun to where the SWM is located, you should be able to connect a stacker to the legacy ports on the SWM and feed it to the outlet where your R15 is, leaving the other outlets connected to the SWM outputs.

Assuming that all of the outlets are homerun to where the SWM is located, you should be able to connect a stacker to the legacy ports on the SWM and feed it to the outlet where your R15 is, leaving the other outlets connected to the SWM outputs.

Thanks! Where do I find this stacker? Can I not just connect the line directly from the R15 to one of the legacy ports?

Thanks! Where do I find this stacker? Can I not just connect the line directly from the R15 to one of the legacy ports?
Stacker/destacker can be found at Solidsignal. Yes, you can connect the R15 directly to ONE of the legacy ports, but then you'll turn the R15 into a single tuner unit. Both tuners need to be connected to legacy ports in order to utilize both tuners. That's why the stacker/destacker suggestion. See if you can run the extra cable.

You can get one at CENCOM, among other places. You could just connect to a legacy port, but you wouldn't get dual tuner functionality.

If you have access, you could just run a second cable to that outlet and connect them both to the legacy ports (there are 2).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)