SWM through Diplexors via Dishnet tuner 2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

twizt3dsist3r

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 15, 2009
Pennsylvania, United States
Hello all, I have this in the installer zone, but thought maybe someone not an installer (and who follows the rules lol) may have some insight here.

Long story short, i Installed D* in a relatives house that im staying with, I was told drill nothing, it seemed to work out perfect, as they have dishnet as well. (Ka/Ku is on a tripod i made and i can move it around and peak it whenever i want) What i did was run a swm into the basement using an old cable line that was already there and not in use (rg6) and split that into two lines using a 1x4 with the other 2 capped off. Those two lines run into diplexors that are tied to the cables feeding the tv2 lines from the dishnet boxes. another 2 diplexors at the wall plates and i run the line into the tv2 jack and the sat jack on my d* boxes. Stopping here, I can birdog these two lines off the diplexors to around 70Log on Swm101, yes i have the PI in the basement before the 1x4. so both lines are working as far as my birdog says. but when i boot the receivers up i get straight 0s on everything and my d12 just freezes at searching for sat signal. Anyone with ideas? Please Help I miss my d*

Edit, Receivers are HR21, H21, and D12, everything is swm compatible.

As with trying to diplex OTA with SWM, the RF output from the dishnet box is interfering with the SWM signals. You're better off running separate coax.

Tv side of diplexars blocks the satellite frequencie? Is there a DISH satellite signal already on the lines for TV2?

I'd lose the 4-way splitter and use a suitable 2-way. With various and sundry insertion losses from the diplexers, you may be lossing yourself out of an SWM signal.

I'd also test the TV2 cables with barrels to see if they can actually carry the SWM signal.

Tv side of diplexars blocks the satellite frequencie? Is there a DISH satellite signal already on the lines for TV2?

ok, the dtv boxes will sit ontop of the dishnet boxes in both cases, now the dishnet boxes have lines run very sloppily through exterior walls into the receivers in both locations, aunt doesnt want that again, thus wont let me drill. the tv2 line of the dishnet receivers is using the house prewire into the basement, where the e* guys barrelled the 2 lines together. so what i did was diplex in the room and in the basement, using the prewired line to carry swm and the tv2 signal. so it will go from the wall to the diplexer, and then sat side to dtv box, and tv side to tv2 jack on dnet box. in the basement the prewired line to that room has another diplex and the sat side goes to a 1x4 (changed it to a smaller switch, and the 1x4 then goes to the PI and then the dish, thats all done correctly) and the tv side goes to prewire line going to the second room for the dishnet box (tv2) and theres no dtv in that room. ill go take pictures and post them back, just warning, its sloppy as hell because im not gonna tack it until i know its working.

did a reset everything from all receivers, (lost my dvr contents :( ) and that seemed to fix it, i never noticed the entire time i was getting all 0s but didnt have the swm satellite at all... none of the boxes were able to see swm signal... why, well i dont really know... but after wiping all boxes and restarting, all is well...

So for anyone else trying to do this, yes its completely possible, just a pain in the balls.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts