symbol rate

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

icu1954

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 1, 2010
lower alabama
hi to all,i am trying to get my receiver set up and i don't quite understand something, i printed out the satellite channel list and have it here in my hand,my receiver calls for inputting a symbol rate and polarization,where on the list is each one located,i am new but i learn something every day because the default settings in the receiver are totally differant from what the satellite guys list says...the receiver is an orasat 5.0..please don't frown at me....i will upgrade later..just need some help in getting set up..thanks to all.

Hi ICU,

If you take a look at "The List"
SatelliteGuys.US_TheList - 87.0°W AMC 3 Ku

This is for 87w AMC 3, on the left you will see the first transponder frequency listed is
H
11716 is the freq, H = horizontal polarity, and the symbol rate or SR is 4856 in this case.

These change often and there will aways be differences from one list to another or what has been pre programed into your receiver.

Jim

the list

thanks now could you tell me,on the left of the list,what is the meaning of those 3 sections? i need all the help i can get.

the list

thanks for hanging in here with me, i am talking about where it says vpid..apid and pcr and it gives all the numbers under them. thanks

icu1954 said:
thanks for hanging in here with me, i am talking about where it says vpid..apid and pcr and it gives all the numbers under them. thanks

These are the digital identities assigned to video and audio signals so the receiver can tune and reference each station on each frequency for each satellite.

This information is usually automatically logged and saved when a satellite or transponder is scanned. You should not need to manually input this information.

LNB configuration

hi ,i am trying to set my lnb configuration on my receiver before getting everything hooked up.I have an orasat 5.0 and on the lnb configuration set up screen lt looks like this... LNB type HIGH L.0. LOW L.O. POWER 0/22KHz ANGLE DISEqc how do i fill in the info,some of this i know but here is what's printed on my lnb.......LNBF standard LR 11.7GHz-12.75GHz LO10.75GHz i think it is made by roc i really need this info and will thank you for any help.....i really want to learn this stuff...ready to explore:rolleyes:

lnb configuration

hi, i am trying to set up my lnb configuration...where it says HIGH L.O. AND LOW L.O. also O/22KHz ANGLE DISEqc what do i type for these configurations my lnb info is...lnbf standard LR 11.7GHz-12.75GHz LO 10.75GHz made by ROC thankful for your help

Yea, you only need to feed in those if you have problems scanning. I have seen post about channels that for some reason the some boxes can detect on their own and you have to manually enter it.

icu> under lnb type see if you can scroll through different ones, there should be an option that says "Standard" or 'Single' . The high and low options are for a universal lnbf, the information you listed on your lnbf shows it to be a standard type with LO freq of 10750.
Using the arrow buttons on the remote, for each entry, usually shows more options. If you don't have a diseqc switch in your setup, just leave it blank, or off. Power On, to provide lnbf power. You can leave the 22khz option off.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)