SYNOQ SR1: new FTA receiver from DMS International

Status
Please reply by conversation.
That is what I am wondering. How does it work on 480i?

I love how STBs are dissed before they are even tested or available for sale. Maybe someone would post a review before the dog pile begins? :D

With a market as niche as FTA hobbyists in North America, we should always appreciate the efforts of people who invest time and money to design or develop products for it. I am certainly looking forward to a review of the SYNOQ SR1 being posted as soon as a member purchases one and has a chance to evaluate it.

Synoq SR-1

The web is a great forum; but hands on it the features list and its small form does not say where, which, each will bet on going. What i like to test is the embedded WiFi for stream calculation and network send somebody is talking about. If they wanted a full feature for any Linux pro, they would reduce it to a consumer value lead-in; but where are the control's aimed? I like it to scan perfectly, no bit loss magnitude of tuner typing! And if each chipper beacon cab to NYC would be fully tested for each point required, should i get some's; how about 1-5? I look forward to receiving one client to test it on!:cool:

Last edited:
I found the manual. Is it correct to bring it here?
Why would it not be correct to bring it here. Its a legitimate FTA box and this is a FTA forum. The big reason we got rid of sponsors is so that people would feel more comfortable talking about FTA equipment that was not sold by our sponsors. As long as it dosen't come loaded with pirate software from the factory its good to talk about here. :)

I think it is a very cute and powerful box from what I can see so far. Can't wait for someone to give it a full review. Hey Rick, or DMSI for that matter -- any giveaway contest possible to get some reviews going? :)

Rick is offering the unit at an initial price of $125 for testing. Maybe if Rick decided to lower this testing price the offer would be more more compelling for the testing public, but the idea of a raffle or contest sounds interesting ;)
I think it is a very cute and powerful box from what I can see so far. Can't wait for someone to give it a full review. Hey Rick, or DMSI for that matter -- any giveaway contest possible to get some reviews going? :)

meh. Looks pretty much like a ripoff of the microhd to me other than the wifi feature. Synoq SR-1 has fast blind scanning speeds because it seems to miss a lot of signals that the microhd finds (and Synoq misses a lot of same types of signals as the MicroHD - narrower SR ones).

also, Synoq brags 16apsk/32apsk modulation, but what types of configurations? Same marketing issues that the microhd had. It may look good to say it does 16apsk/32apsk on a marketing sheet, but I guarantee you you won't lock very many of the 16apsk/32apsk signals in the arc - maybe only the hoof 16apsk feeds with the synoq just like the microhd.

"Willing to continue to work on firmware updates" as used in the FTA industry makes me think pump and dump on this receiver. Dump it on the market with a handful of firmware updates and move on to develop the next receiver rather than firmware develop for any length of time more than about a year.

I also wouldn't be surprised if the Synoq uses an ali chip.

obviously can't post my "meh" and thoughts on the seller's forum because the post would never see the light of day to avoid hurting potential sales. I'm definitely not a buyer as I am happy with the microhd and other receivers I own and this new one just looks like another microhd-type receiver to me that won't add anything useful to me that I can't already get on the microhd.

I would actually like to see an honest review of this box instead of seeing people rip it apart without actually touching one.

I have know Tim for a long long time and I have not know of him to bring in junk.

Hopefully someone gets one to review.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

How can you talk bad about it unless you have one? ;)

Did Rick post a review?

Interesting new product. Will be great to read a review.

Auto DiSEqC has been around for years and I disabled it in every STB that I have developed. The function is on many STBs with European heritage. It it usually used on Austra/HotBird installs in Europe. The process scans a connected switch to determine what ports are active and what preprogrammed satellite the LNB is receiving then saved the setting automatically. No real use in North America.

Brian Gohl
Titanium Satellite

We've got Auto DiseqC and even auto setup in one of our Amikos. Brian has it right, this is a 13/19E Astra/Hotbird geared option. However one night I was up late talking to one of our engineers and SHE laid out a good case of how we might make it work with our unique and goofy NA satellite. Personally I am not for it in NA and tell people not to touch it but conceivably maybe something could be done with it. However it would really take away the "true fta spirit" and the hobby mentality and all sense of accomplishment if you just push a button and it is done. :)

I would actually like to see an honest review of this box instead of seeing people rip it apart without actually touching one.

I have know Tim for a long long time and I have not know of him to bring in junk.

Hopefully someone gets one to review.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Business wise we don't currently buy anything from MrTim. We still talk and I consider him to be a great friend. However this doesn't always mean a killer product or idea. Obviously I have my own line of STB's. I know nothing about this other than what I skimmed here. Short of it being preloaded with satellite pirate crap I'd say give it a go before going all negative. Someone that doesn't sell it and that has an IQ above 10 should actually try it before bashing it.

I will try and get one and post video captures. I'm not the best at written reviews.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts