System Info Check Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

charlesrshell

SatelliteGuys Crazy
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 14, 2006
O'Fallon, IL
What causes System Info Checks to read different? I have a dish 1000+ feeding in to a DPP44 switch with two 722s and one 625. The 722s get an error with 119, 110 in the green and 129 and 118 indicating red. The 625 indicates green for all four satellites. Once in a great while the 722s will indicate green for all four satellites. It is clear sky, not a cloud in sight. Thanks for the help.

Thanks HighdefJeff. I now have 129 disconnected and using 61.5 and probably will leave it that way. Do you think 118.7 needs to be re-sighted for a stronger signal? Thanks again

Thanks for the info. Will loose several channels. Wish there was a Super DPP44 switch that could handle five satellites. Guess I will cancel the Multi-Sports Pack.

The signal strength is fluctuating while I watch it on 118.7 transponder 18, actually all transponders fluctuates. Is that not good? The installer used a signal tone box to site the birds in, no meters. Should I have it re-done with one of them analog dual tuner meters? I am going to leave 129 disconnected. Will that help to sight in the other three satellites without having to worry about 129? When I run point dish everything is locked and and green. I just want the strongest signal possible for thunderstorm issues, etc. Check out my new install under Dish Network Forum titled "New Install, what do you think!". Thanks for your help.

Fluctuation can be an issue...

I see it like this:

If your signal is "bouncing" 4 signal points or more, it is indicative of some problem.

Usually a loose connection, failing ground block, or failing F-81 barrel connection.

4 points is usually not enough to generate large viewing issues, but it can increase with time and create larger problems.

I would check connections and replace barrels and/or ground block until the signal was solid.

I also think that your signal is just a little low on transponder 18. It would be only a very slight adjustment of your dish.

I see it like this:

If your signal is "bouncing" 4 signal points or more, it is indicative of some problem.

Usually a loose connection, failing ground block, or failing F-81 barrel connection.

4 points is usually not enough to generate large viewing issues, but it can increase with time and create larger problems.

I would check connections and replace barrels and/or ground block until the signal was solid.

I also think that your signal is just a little low on transponder 18. It would be only a very slight adjustment of your dish.

I replaced all connectors, barrels, etc thru out my house with 3gig. I think I might need a re-point. Will answer your private message a little later. Had a busy day. Thanks for the info

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)