Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
As you might have seen last week the SatelliteGuys site was really slow, with some pages taking up to 30 seconds to display.

We tracked the problem down and on Saturday we did a major upgrade and overhaul of our backend server software. And we fixed the issue which was causing the slowdown.

Since doing these changes on Saturday we have been running the the software default configuration while we collected data and stats from the new software. The stats have been sent to and examined by the staff of vBulletin and this morning the sent over some suggested changes for our configuration files for optimum server performance.

This morning I will be making these recommended changes, and in doing so the board will be unavailable for about 30 - 45 seconds while I restart the services.

I do appologize for the slowness issues last week, and thank you for your patience and help in fixing this issue.

Thanks for your support!

Ok the suggested vBulletin changes have been put in place and the system has been restarted.

So far things look very good. On Friday the main index.php generated in...
Page generated in 14.67432 seconds
Today the same page is generated in...
Page generated in 0.07323 seconds - BIG IMPROVEMENT. :)

We are now monitoring the system to make sure there are no problems from these changes, however we do not expect any.

Again thank you everyone for your patience and support!

Scott Greczkowski said:
Page generated in 0.07323 seconds - BIG IMPROVEMENT. :)
[Darth Vadar after Luke escapes the Carbonite freezer] Impressive.

It took .5% of the original time. I'd say a 200-fold increase is FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!

So far things look very good. On Friday the main index.php generated in...
Page generated in 0.07323 seconds - BIG IMPROVEMENT.
I've NEVER seen a page load result that was over 1 second. Times were always a fraction of a second. Was this a very short-term problem ?

It was like that for about 2 or 3 days.

The worst page was the main forum listing, where it was taking over 3 seconds to generate.

All is good here. :)

Page generated in 0.08758 seconds with 21 queries [Server Loads: 0.46 0.55 : 0.48]

Could be something with your path to us, but as far as the server goes.... it's smoking. :D

Better now, but when I had posted it site was slow for me. It took me about 7 seconds to get the reply screen up when I put the post in there.

Maybe there was congestion somewhere, but my path to you isn't that long:

3 9 ms 7 ms 9 ms gig13-0-6.austtxrdcsc-rtr1.austin.rr.com [24.27.13.78]
4 10 ms 9 ms 9 ms gig2-0-0.austtxrdcsc-rtr3.texas.rr.com [24.93.33.134]
5 13 ms 14 ms 13 ms gig5-3-0.dllatxl3-rtr1.texas.rr.com [72.179.205.21]
6 21 ms 19 ms 21 ms 4.79.180.65
7 15 ms 15 ms 13 ms COLO4-DALLA.car1.Dallas1.Level3.net [8.9.232.74]
8 13 ms 17 ms 14 ms ge-1-2.core2.colo4dallas.net [206.123.64.30]
9 17 ms 14 ms 15 ms 206.123.64.110
10 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms 65.99.220.89

Disabled the Add Block plug in and restarted then re-inabled and it's working fine now...Strange.

NightRyder

Ok here is a few things.

1) When posting messages it does take a few seconds before the time you hit post and the screen redraws showing your post.

The reason for this is because when you post or reply your message is also submitted to a number of search engines and forum tracking sites. In fact for every post is summited to 15 different sites. :)

2) I thing the slowness that some saw today was due to the XBOX Gamer Cards some fols have in their signatures. That site that serves those card (which is not our) was having issues earlier. Some of the screen draws slowed down becaue it was taking a long time to grab those graphics.

It looks like they fixed their issues. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)