T-Mobile enters television streaming market with T-Vision

And oddly it has AMC but not BBCA. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that anywhere else.

Assuming nothing changes between now and March next year I’ll be cancelling my ATT TV sub, pay the ETF and go to Sling Blue+Total TV. Has everything that I watch except for locals and I have an AirTV Anywhere 4-tuner OTA DVR that integrates into the Sling app. And even paying the ETF I save about $22/month.

And oddly it has AMC but not BBCA. Don’t think I’ve ever seen that anywhere else.

Assuming nothing changes between now and March next year I’ll be cancelling my ATT TV sub, pay the ETF and go to Sling Blue+Total TV. Has everything that I watch except for locals and I have an AirTV Anywhere 4-tuner OTA DVR that integrates into the Sling app. And even paying the ETF I save about $22/month.
I see BBCA in the TVision Vibe lineup. That one includes BBC World News as well. I am guessing that you can mix these services like TVision Live and Vibe. If so you can get the everything package for $70 a month, mixing LiveZone and Vibe.

I see BBCA in the TVision Vibe lineup. That one includes BBC World News as well. I am guessing that you can mix these services like TVision Live and Vibe. If so you can get the everything package for $70 a month, mixing LiveZone and Vibe.

Whatever story I read didn’t show BBCA for whatever reason.

But Sling Blue+Total TV @$50 is a better deal for those of us that can get our locals via antenna.

Reactions: TheKrell
Whatever story I read didn’t show BBCA for whatever reason.

But Sling Blue+Total TV @$50 is a better deal for those of us that can get our locals via antenna.
Yep. I would get my locals, all four networks, where I live. I see that, in the beginning, you have to be a TMobile customer to qualify.

Last edited:
I don't see the RSN's in the packages. Unless I am missing it. One article I read said that the NBC Sports RSN's are included, but when I punch in my zip code (just outside of Chicago), NBC Sports Chicago is not showing up as an option. The fact of the matter is that as long as I am tied to my old AT&T connection streaming won't work for me. But boy it will be a game changer if I could use my T-Mobile cell connection to stream on my TV. My speeds are a lot faster on my cell phone LTE connection than my AT&T Internet connection. I was hoping T-Mobile would have some sort of receiver that you would plug into the HDMI port on the TV where the receiver connected to their cell network for the streaming.

I was hoping T-Mobile would have some sort of receiver that you would plug into the HDMI port on the TV where the receiver connected to their cell network for the streaming.

Their reciever is an hdmi plug/play just like roku and firestick.
Hotspot it to your phone to connect it to cell network.(datacap might apply...)

Sent from my SM-G986U using the SatelliteGuys app!

T-Mobile has temporarily added a bunch of the Vibe channels (and some channels they didn't carry at all before) to most of the more expensive T-Vision plans, to address concerns from those channels that feel they have the right to force consumers to buy them. (Legally, yes, they may. But ethically, I do not believe the consumer or T-Mobile, or anyone else, should be forced into these bundling arrangements. It will be the downfall of the TV industry.)

I decided to get T-Vision Live+ for a couple months to try it out, but now that I can get Locast in Indianapolis DMA, I am considering cutting back to just having that.

It has 100 hour DVR feature.

But only has 2 channels I watch, no local CBS or ABC and most importantly no Science channel. :)

I won't be signing up.
No one has the Science Channel anymore. Some have that pulp station that shares its name, but that is it. For a Science Channel, see this. Learn more in a couple commercial breaks than an entire episode.

Reactions: TheKrell

Today, T-Mobile announced that its streaming service TVision will shut down at the end of April. Instead, customers will be able to subscribe to YouTube TV and Philo to take the place of TVision Live and Vibe, with exclusive discounts for T-Mobile customers.

• Wow
Reactions: navychop and ncted
Wow! I was not expecting this. Launched at the end of October, shutting down in April. 6 months...

Good news is the $10.00 savings for T-Mo customers for Philo and YTTV. Hope I can transfer my existing subs so I don't lose DVR content.

Good news is the $10.00 savings for T-Mo customers for Philo and YTTV. Hope I can transfer my existing subs so I don't lose DVR content.
Nope. I asked and they said you have to cancel your old subscription and sign up using some code from them. So, you lose your DVR... :(

I was reading more of the fine print. The $10.00 savings is for the first year. It says you "may need to take action to continue the $10/mo discount", then points you to another section of fine print which does not spell out anything you can do to keep the $10.00 discount. Shady bastards!

You start by looking at the T-Mobile agreement:

YouTube TV: Redeem by June 30, 2021. After trial pay $54.99/mo. including $10/mo. off for 12 months Cancel anytime. Must be 18 years or over. YouTube TV not available in Puerto Rico, Guam, or US Virgin Islands. Excludes T-Mobile for Business customers. Full terms: YouTube TV - FAQs. After 12 months users may need to take action to continue the $10/mo discount on qualifying streaming services.

YouTube agreement:

Standard Free Trial + $10 off/month for 12 months for T-Mobile Wireless and Internet Customerss​

Promotion open to participants subscribing to T-Mobile Wireless or Internet service from April 06, 2021 - June 30, 2021 and must be redeemed by July 31, 2021. Offer redeemable where YouTube TV is available. Standard free trial available for new YouTube TV subscribers who have never participated in a YouTube TV trial. Discount offer available for all T-Mobile customers, regardless if user has enrolled in YouTube TV in the past. Local channel availability may vary. Promotional value of subscription(s) nontransferable, not for resale, and not redeemable for cash. If you are currently subscribed to YouTube TV you will need to cancel your subscription to take advantage of this offer. Valid payment form req’d at sign-up. User will receive standard free trial, if eligible, and then receive $10 discount per month for 12 months (currently $54.99) before being charged price of $64.99/month or then current monthly subscription price. Cancel any time before standard free trial is over at no charge. No refunds for partial billing periods are available. Must be 18 years or older. Google account required. YouTube reserves the right to change or cancel the offer at any time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts