T-Mobile gets rid of overage fees, throws the glove at competitors to follow

Man I wish T Mobile had better coverage in our area! I would switch to them just to support them for the changes they are forcing upon the cell industry!

9 years ago I switched to AT&T because of crappy T-Mobile service at my new home. 2 years later I switched back to T-Mobile because they fixed our coverage issue. Nowadays I have better service than AT&T! So, bottom line, check your coverage again now, to see if it's still bad.

You guys are falling for this? Same old same old.... Scott's "Wish they had better coverage in our area" is heard round the Country, thus one reason they aren't in the league of AT&T or Verizon. As theKrell points out there certainly are areas they have a good signal, but as I found out with my tablet with my brief try with Tmobile, even in the Tampa area - far from rural - only sometimes was I on a tower with 4G.
But to the point of data - sure - no overages because they turn you off. That's correct, it's right in their contract. And in other incarnations they simply throttle you to a point many apps won't work - 2G. Meanwhile AT&T (And I think Verizon) do charge you for a set amount of data above you plan. You can argue which is better - throttle or an additional charge. For me I'll take the additional charge, it's $10 with At&T for a GB last I looked. If you decide you need a higher data plan, they will forgive the overage if you bump up. And AT&T has a multitude of ways to let you know you may go over, as does most Android phones themselves.

This is nothing more than a stunt by Tmobile. The only way it wouldn't be is if when you went over there was not charge (As they claim) AND you were able to use more data at the highest speed available.

""The Simple Starter plan is an unlimited talk and unlimited text with up to 500MB of high-speed 4G LTE data. Once a user reaches the 500MB of high-speed data, the service is suspended, with the peace of mind that no overage fees will apply."

"
Capping off a flurry of news, T-Mobile CEO John Legere said he is kicking off a campaign to abolish the fees that are charged when a customers go over their allotted voice minutes, data, or text messages. T-Mobile largely eliminated them with its Simple Choice plans, which offered unlimited voice and text messages, and data that was throttled."

http://www.cnet.com/news/t-mobiles-act-3-a-push-to-end-industry-overage-fees/

Last edited:
T-Mobile doesnt work at the lakehouse so wont get it

T-Mobile bought out a company called Unicel here in Duluth a few years ago. Unicel was pretty good as they had a real cheap unlimited plan (long before ANYONE had one)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)