T-Mobile News and Discussion Thread

Hmmm, no mention of the Unlimited55 plan for Empty Nesters? T-Mobile ONE for Age 55 Plus | 2 Unlimited Lines for $60/Mo. For Life

If our phones had the necessary LTE Bands I would switch in an instant, but there is also the lack of T-Mobile coverage between here and Chicago and north of Grand Rapids, MI. At home T-Mobile is better than AT&T, though, and there are a ton of new phones that have just come out with more LTE bands than ever.

On Tuesday I move us from ATT to T-Mobile's 55+ plan.

My bill will drop by half.

It appears my 6+ will be functional, although it does not have band 12. I figure in a year or so, there will be an iPhone with band 12 and band 71 support. Then I'll look at upgrading.

navy, it looks like the iPhone 6s and newer have the LTE Band 12 support, so Band 71 "should" be available by next year. If your area has Band 12 but not 71, you could justify moving to the iPhone 7+, say, and not feel too bad. If your iPhone 6 Plus is in good shape, I'd keep it (like I'm keeping my 6) and see what comes. Check out the CellMapper.net site which will detail what LTE Bands are available on towers near your area.

I want to move my wife to the iPhone SE from her current iPhone 5s so she would pick up Band 12. This would give her T-Mobile coverage when we head up north.

Reactions: navychop
Just received this alert. I don't have T-Mobile.

What happened at T-Mobile®?

On August 20, 2018, T-Mobile sent a letter to customers who may have been impacted from an unauthorized person accessing certain personal information. Exposed data may have included one or more of the following:
  • Name
  • Billing zip code
  • Phone number
  • Email address
  • Account number
  • Account type

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)