T-Mobile, Sprint said to be finalizing merger terms

WHY would T-Mobile strap an albatross around their neck?

I’ve been happy, VERY happy, with T-Mo. I don’t think Sprint could pour water out of a boot with instructions written on the heel.

No doubt my cheap plan will go away.

Guess I’d better get accustomed to the idea of moving to Verizon. Do they offer a cut rate if you have Internet, TV, land line and cell with them?

Reactions: truedowneast
T-Mobile and Sprint together will have more spectrum than Both the big boys and will be stronger. I think Verizon will have to make a play for Dish. Two reasons spectrum and sling . I added gig service to my triple play and it said on the bill estimate that I should also get 20 off my cell service. I will have to see if that happens.

That’s optimistic, thinking any good can come to us with this.

I hope the merger is blocked. If so, who pays who a parting gift?

If it happens, I hope you’re right.

What you folks figure, about a year to finalize?

Anyway, can a carrier have enough spectrum, to where they don’t need any more? Especially if 5G comes about with its greater efficiency in the use of spectrum? Isn’t that what we learned in the last spectrum auction?

T-Mobile and Sprint together will have more spectrum than Both the big boys and will be stronger.
Having spectrum and building it out are two entirely different things. DISH has a pretty good wad of wireless spectrum but it has only been used experimentally.

When you come to the game late, you have to duke it out for tower space and spend a lot of money telling people that you're antenna is going in their back yard whether they like it or not.

Verizon is a rip-off too, it cost me over $100 month for a 700min plan with 4gig, I can go to dollar general an purchase theirs for $50 month with unlimited everything and it is Verizon, one more month on my 2yr contract and I’m gone yah freedom lol

The company’s that own the towers are taking a hit now because with the merger they won’t need duplicate areas. Maybe Dish can swoop in and take the leases and start up there spectrum. If you look at the spectrum issue Verizon is running out . They are testing unused old spectrum levels I believe it was submarine or some type of unused military spectrum . The rankings will be T mobile- Att- Verizon... I guess Paul can tell Verizon. Can you hear me now..

Reactions: truedowneast
Cell phone service is like the weather: it depends on where you are.

Around my area, we may lose T-mobile on I-5. I can't get T-mobile signal at my home and can see the state capitol building from where I'm sitting.

We use T-mobile at work and we have to use access points to get service in the office. Non-Apple phones typically do better but the company chose Apple (which was fine when we had AT&T).

For all of Sprint's grand claims, there's a Sprint store in my town that can't get Sprint service inside the store. To test it, you have to "step out back".

Timing is everything and we're at a point where the incumbents (Verizon and AT&T) have all of the best locations and cover the most territory. The rest are trying to hammer out deals to get good locations but it is an uphill battle.

The company’s that own the towers are taking a hit now because with the merger they won’t need duplicate areas.
Chances are pretty good that the various carriers are already sharing towers. If they're going to use some of the new frequencies, they may need to add new antenna setups.

T-Mobile is expanding coverage. Part of that is the use of the 600MHz spectrum. May or may not help you this year, depending upon where you are.

T-Mobile coverage today is better than a year ago, and will be better still in another year.

I just hope my iPhone 6+ hangs on long enough for me to get the next iPhone, which will have a band I don’t have today, and will support, presumably, the 600 band for when we travel.

I had sprint /Nextel awhile back and couldn’t get any service at my home. I called them up and they said it’s no big deal just walk up the street to the top of the hill and it should work fine. I couldn’t pack up the phone quick enough to send back .

One of the first things I did in my then new job, oh 18ish years ago- was to move the company from Nextel and their iDEN system with its GI Joe push to talk. Sales critter was taking them for a ride, too. He didn’t try too hard to keep us- he was losing all his customers and I think was about to move on.

T-Mobile coverage today is better than a year ago, and will be better still in another year.
Expanding is relative. If they were truly competitive in coverage and quality, they wouldn't need to be trying so hard. The shareholders can't hold their breath forever.

Where do you think ATT and Verizon prices and service would be today if T-Mobile hadn’t shaken the tree?

Reactions: Gobucks
Where do you think ATT and Verizon prices and service would be today if T-Mobile hadn’t shaken the tree?
Probably unchanged. The jumpers would have stayed with third party resellers of AT&T and Verizon service. The only thing that T-mobile forced is the return of unlimited Internet.

I just don't understand why people pay so much for the opportunity to be interrupted everywhere they go and in everything they do.

Yeah this is a good thing it will let them both utilize somethings that one could do that the other could not plus it will make them a stronger competitor as well. But it would not surprise me know if AT&T and Verizon look at doing something one day. AT&T I think is having some regrets getting Direct TV it will take them awhile to recoup the money they used to buy them..

Yeah this is a good thing it will let them both utilize somethings that one could do that the other could not plus it will make them a stronger competitor as well. But it would not surprise me know if AT&T and Verizon look at doing something one day. AT&T I think is having some regrets getting Direct TV it will take them awhile to recoup the money they used to buy them..
Att and Verizon are too busy writing the 5g standard to keep people from switching carriers

U.S. Investigating AT&T and Verizon Over Wireless Collusion Claim

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

I hope the merger is blocked. If so, who pays who a parting gift?

As the merged company will still have a smaller market share than either AT&T or Verizon, zero chance that will happen. Hard to argue that third largest of something is too big, not isn't it?

As the merged company will still have a smaller market share than either AT&T or Verizon, zero chance that will happen. Hard to argue that third largest of something is too big, not isn't it?

Most of the media says they will be bigger than AT&T. I still think it will happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)