t5- how to get strong tp levels when some work?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shahdad

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
Im trying to get t5 with better lock

Some of the channels come in but not others.

a few of the tps i get a max 30% but the other ones that i want come in at only 10%-15% which is no good for getting a clear channel

now could this be due to bad weather? those tps are weaker and cant penatrate through clouds?

also, about 10 meters from where the dish is there is a tree and the branches over hang and fall in front of the dish, could this cause the lack of signal?

i cant make sense of it, b/c it cant be the above resaons, can it? if i can get some tps that are strong and channels are clear, why dont the other tps come in at the same level or at least a little more?

ive also played with the dish, with very very small increments, up down and left right and where i have it at is the best using the tp that come in at 30%. any little movment drops the signal down to 18-20%

how can i improve the other tps?

any insigt would be great,

thanks

30 is way low for t5. I have only done a couple there but always got 70 to 80's.

I am going to say it the tree branches that hang over the dish. the signal cannot go though stuff like that. Can you move the dish or cut the tree?

ya thats what i thought, but what i dont get is that if the tree is the problem, then why do some tps come in? would the branches not block the whole signal not allowing for any tps to come in?

The branches equally degrade all transponders but the link budgets for the transponders are all different. In other words they are running at different power levels. On almost any satellite when you go through the various transponders you can see some pretty large swings in signal strength on the reciever end. Cut down the branches and limbs and you will see a big difference. IA-5 is not a strong satellite to begin and needs all the help it can get.

problem solved, you were right, it was the braches

moved to new location with no branches

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts