T90 alignment

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

crawfrdb

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 5, 2006
Hello Ice (and anyone else who has one),

Here are a few observations regarding alignment of my WaveMaster T90 antenna. Can you please confirm/deny any of the following:

1. When you *finally* get the damned thing aligned on the geosync belt for peak signals, the az-el tolerances for those signal peaks is VERY tight. More so than a conventional parabolic- non? Like on the order of <1 degree. True?

2. So tight that it becomes necessary to re-fine tune the signals after a wind storm. True?

Thanks.

1. When you *finally* get the damned thing aligned on the geosync belt for peak signals, the az-el tolerances for those signal peaks is VERY tight. More so than a conventional parabolic- non? Like on the order of <1 degree. True?
I would say skew is most important then elevation.
Azimuth can be off. As an example, SBS6 (74W) is 19 off my true south on the T90 (IA6 is the true south LNB) yet my LNB for SBS6 is peaked when its at 21 on the slide bar. Once you get the elevation and skew right, the rest is just trial and error. The LNB's closest to the middle are pretty much dead on but the farther out you get, you can tweak it.

2. So tight that it becomes necessary to re-fine tune the signals after a wind storm. True?

not here. We had constant winds late last week of 35+ mph with gusts up to 50. Dish didnt move (My C-Band on the other hand did)

I agree with Iceberg I have had no trouble with wind and drift. It is more sensitive to rain fade than a properly peaked 90 cm dish, but no trouble with wind.
Bob

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)