Tablets and Dish Online

jahost said:
If you buy the Kindle Fire and subscibe to Amazon Prime, you can download movies from Amazon. Prime costs $78.00 per year and entitles you to free 2 day shipping etc. "John"

Just a correction: you can stream prime videos as much as you want; however, (it has been reported) the free videos available with Prime cannot be downloaded for later viewing without an Internet connection. Only purchased videos found in the my videos section of your amazon account can be downloaded onto the fire to be viewed without an Internet connection.

Interesting. I'll likely be buying the iPad "next" and I certainly want to view my DVR'd stuff on it on the road. So that's looking good. It'll look even better if (cough, cough) I can download directly to the iPad and later view where the 3G is poor or non-existent.

Unfortunately, the Android app is only for phones, not tablets.

Then you wait for a version that works with tablets. As more apps are written to support Ice Cream Sandwich, you'll start to get apps that work on both phones and tablets. And most of the tablets that are worth a damn are going to get ICS, but it takes time. Trying to shoehorn content to be displayed in way it wasn't intended, like using the Android browser to show a website that was designed to work on desktop/laptop PCs like DISHOnline, is not going to give you the best experience. An app will.

Then you wait for a version that works with tablets. As more apps are written to support Ice Cream Sandwich, you'll start to get apps that work on both phones and tablets. And most of the tablets that are worth a damn are going to get ICS, but it takes time. Trying to shoehorn content to be displayed in way it wasn't intended, like using the Android browser to show a website that was designed to work on desktop/laptop PCs like DISHOnline, is not going to give you the best experience. An app will.

Agreed. I was simply pointing out that, contrary to Ray's post above, the Android app is ONLY for phones.

I've installed the Dish remote access app on my Android phones and tablet and it work fine. I'm looking for the latest version of the Android APK so I can side load it on my wife's Kindle Fire. Anyone know where I can get the current APK?

I've installed the Dish remote access app on my Android phones and tablet and it work fine. I'm looking for the latest version of the Android APK so I can side load it on my wife's Kindle Fire. Anyone know where I can get the current APK?

Won't work...already tried that.If you want to pm me I can give you a link to the .apk fwiw

After reading through this thread, it's really no wonder why torrents and file-sharing sites are so popular. Sheesh. Seems like HBO is really the only content producer that understands the realities of the market and why content should be readily available across all platforms.

After reading through this thread, it's really no wonder why torrents and file-sharing sites are so popular. Sheesh. Seems like HBO is really the only content producer that understands the realities of the market and why content should be readily available across all platforms.

Well both Dish and Amazon are aware of the issue (widevine plugin) to be exact.Just hoping they will release an app that will work with Kindle fire and android.

I wanted to let everyone know that I copied the Dish Android app from my tablet and side-loaded it to my wife's Kindle Fire and it works great. She's up in WI visiting the grand-kids and she has watched a few of the shows we record on our 722 here in AZ.

I wanted to let everyone know that I copied the Dish Android app from my tablet and side-loaded it to my wife's Kindle Fire and it works great. She's up in WI visiting the grand-kids and she has watched a few of the shows we record on our 722 here in AZ.

No kidding? I tried that and all it would do is force close.Maybe I need to try again.Which browser do you use to access dishonline?I was trying with silk.

Are you talking about slinging to the kf?I was talking about dishonline and hulu.You have to have the widevine plugin in order to get that to work.The dish app installed fine but obviously can't watch anything as we have no sling adapter and our upload speeds would never work anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)