Tailgate Set Up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Bwill

Original poster
Oct 20, 2010
Ohio
I want to set up a dish for football games. I have a spare dish and I plan on using one of our live seldom used receivers to take a long with me. I bought one of these to secure it to my vehicle:

NEW SATELLITE MOUNT SYSTEM

My questions are:

1. Do I need to ground the dish? I will not be using the satellite in a storm for obvious reasons.
2. Do I need 1 or 2 coaxial connections at the end of the LNB?

Since this set up will be used on a very limited basis (3-4 times a year) and for very short basis (5-6 hours at a time) I want the setup to be as simple and quick as possible.

Thanks!

That looks interesting! Are those suction cups to hold on the vehicle?
I see no reason to ground the dish.
You only need two lines if you need dual tuner support!
Obviously, you're going to have to park such you can get a line of sight.:)

That's an interesting mount. Is it magnetic? I use a "bullzeye" but apparently they quit making them. Anyway, we are assuming you're SD only (which is quite simple) so here are a few things to watch for. If you have a SWM system that you're pulling the extra receiver from, you'll have to do a full setup and tell the rec'vr you are NOT using a SWM. As stated before you need only one coax (unless you have two tuners.) As always, we STRONGLY recommend you try the system in your driveway first where you have better control of the variables. And finally, I cannot stress enough how critical it is to PLUMB the poll. It must be totally plumb to make setup easy . :cool:

It uses suction cups to attach to whatever you want. I plan on using the window of my SUV.

Yes, this will be a standard def set up.

What is SWM? How do I "tell" the receiver that is it SWM? I assume it is a setting in the receiver.

I'd also like to know how you tell the receiver I have a Non-Swm LNB on my tailgate setup. Thanks in advance.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)