tailgateing with directv

Status
Please reply by conversation.
:welcome to Satelliteguys texag2015!

It would be best if you can mirror the setup you have at home, either swm or non swm. The physical setup is up to you, but you will need a tripod with a 2" mast for the Slimline dish.

I'm with Chip. I am assuming the receiver in question is one you are taking from an up and running home environment. If that is the case, it is simplest to just copy the environment you have at home.

But, your question begs other questions:
1) Do you want HD reception [you have a HD TV for you tailgate experience] or do you just want SD reception?
2) How comfortable are you with setting up a dish? [If you find this task daunting, you probably want to limit yourself to a small round dish that is SD only. They are easier to set up than the HD Slimline dishes.]

So, if you give us some idea of what you envision your final setup to look like and how comfortable you are setting up a dish, we can give you a much better answer to your question.

Good points Bob. The Phase III sd dish is easier to set up compared to a Slimline hd dish.

Use the Phase III dish with either a SWM 3 or SL5 LNB depending on what you have at home, you will have to notch the arm for the LNB to fit right ... easy to aim and you should get the channels you want.

That will work, but the signal strength numbers will be lower than with a Slimline.

Have you already watched SD on the TV ?

Just pointing out that SD doesn't generally look that good on a HD set.

Its fine, screen size and SD is a bigger issue. 39" and ease of setup at the RV is all Im going for. Plus the dish is smaller too. Adult beverages and ESPN before we head into stadium :)

Use the Phase III dish with either a SWM 3 or SL5 LNB depending on what you have at home, you will have to notch the arm for the LNB to fit right ... easy to aim and you should get the channels you want.
That's what I use for camping, a good aim will get signals a little over 80. Anything above 70 I settle on, it is short term use in good weather, so it isn't that big of a deal.

I use a SWM-3 LNB with power supply to match what I have at home so I don't have to mess around with resetting the receiver each time. I also use the H24 receiver.

If you are tailgating in a rain storm, then satellite shouldn't be a big concern, rather why are you tailgating in a rain storm.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)