Tailgater is NOW AVAILABLE

Does anyone happen to know which VuQube the Tailgater is based off of? I'm assuming that at a $350 price point (which is darn good) it must be one of the lower models, like the V20?
It not, because all the positioning brains and switching is not done inside the Tailgater itself, instead all that stuff is controlled by the 211k.

Because they took out all the computer and switch stuff out of the Vucube and make the Tailgater helped to bring the price down sharply.

I talked to Claude and he is taking care of me. I should have it next week. He did caution that if you have an existing 211K, Dish is not planning on forcing down the new code base that supports the Tailgater until Sept. 1. So unless you buy the package which includes a new 211K which will ask for the latest code once you plug it in, you will have to wait until Sept. 1 to use the Tailgater. I plan on calling Dish Support once I receive the Tailgater and asking if they can force my 211K to download the latest code so I can test it out.

Doesn't Claude have any of the new 211k receivers with the software already loaded. I know we have some coming along with the Tailgaters.

I'm curious how it finds the satellite it needs.... How does it "get it's bearing" (pun intended), i.e. starting point ? The thought of it having a GPS chipset built in comes to mind ! :)

I presume it will move between 110' and 119' as needed, depending on what channel you're watching. I hope it's reasonably fast doing that !

I'm curious how it finds the satellite it needs.... How does it "get it's bearing" (pun intended), i.e. starting point ? The thought of it having a GPS chipset built in comes to mind ! :)

I presume it will move between 110' and 119' as needed, depending on what channel you're watching. I hope it's reasonably fast doing that !
We had one setup here and I couldn't see any delay when switch channels. As for how it gets its bearing when you first set it up it will ask you what state you're currently in before running the check switch.

I just received mine this morning and had it up and running in 10 minutes. I added a 211k to my account and then hooked up a TV and the receiver to my new generator and had TV in no time.

Probably. Depends on where you are. If you are in South FL or the extreme NE then maybe not. Where are you?

Right now I am in North Texas, but this dish will be everywhere from Alaska to Key West. I have a Kingdome that receives Eastern and Western satellites. Based on the cutaway photo of this one, it's got a bigger dish than the Kingdome. I wonder why they decided not to receive the eastern satellites. Do you think it's more about the programming of the receiver?

I believe it is unable to receive signal from the satellites when in the northeast. I think it sees the satellites as being too close and is unable to lock on to both.

We had one setup here and I couldn't see any delay when switch channels. As for how it gets its bearing when you first set it up it will ask you what state you're currently in before running the check switch.

Since the receiver is controlling the dish directly, it may have faster response time than when the controller is in the antenna.

When trying mine out this morning the was very little lag when changing channels. Seems no different than watching TV in the house. Works very well and extremely easy to set up. I bought a nice and quiet Honda generator and I'm all set for Iowa games.

Does this have the same restrictions as a tripod system, will I get locals with it? I go to games outside of my spot beam, and that is always a pain. Also can someone show me where this item is on dishnetwork.com? I cant find it anywhere. I see it on dishstore.net but it doesn't come with the receiver correct? I have always just drug my 722 along so I would need the new receiver too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)