Tailgater reciever keeps getting deactivated

Here is what is going on. The subscription information is stored on the smart card.

The subscription information has an "expiration date"

Every few weeks or month Dish sends a signal to your receiver to update the expiration date.

If the receiver is not connected to the satellite, it doesn't get the update and after a certain date the channels go away.

3 options to fix this....

A) keep calling to refresh the signal each time you go camping.

B) go camping more often like every week

C) setup a temporary feed in your house, and hook up the receiver to a satellite feed when not being used.

I have the hopper3 now so I can't connect my 211 up to my house satellite to keep it active. Doesn't work.

I wish there was an easy way from your account page or something to reactivate your receiver without calling on the phone or using the online chat. It is usually a 1/2 hour process to get it activated. As someone stated before you have to go through the process of explaining the problem and going through troubleshooting steps even though you tell the Dish person that it just needs an activation signal. And in almost every case, I have to request that it be sent a second time because the first time does not allow all of the programming to be activate. It is just a pain....

I have the hopper3 now so I can't connect my 211 up to my house satellite to keep it active. Doesn't work.

I wish there was an easy way from your account page or something to reactivate your receiver without calling on the phone or using the online chat. It is usually a 1/2 hour process to get it activated. As someone stated before you have to go through the process of explaining the problem and going through troubleshooting steps even though you tell the Dish person that it just needs an activation signal. And in almost every case, I have to request that it be sent a second time because the first time does not allow all of the programming to be activate. It is just a pain....

why not put up a seperate dish to keep the receiver alive

Exactly!!!!

Seriously, if they could just have a simple online option to reactive the receiver then I would be happy.

H3 or HWS?
I have 2 HWS + 2 Joey setup at home. I was thinking of switching to Hopper 3 but if there is an easy solution for keeping the 211 active and it requires me to stick with the HWS then I will do that for the next couple of years. And I don't want to have to use the tailgater antenna since there is no simple way I can leave that up all the time without being in the way.

2lm7vpg.jpg

Is this basically what I do? Do I just add a DPP44 w/inserter? Is it as simple as removing the 3 wires currently going into my Duo node and connecting them into the DPP44?

why not put up a seperate dish to keep the receiver alive

Good question. Can I have a 211z on my account with a Hopper 3 at home as long as I use a separate antennae? If I switch to the Hopper 3, I was thinking of having the installer leave the current Dish installed and add a new second Dish for the Hopper 3 setup. I would use the old Dish to strictly connect to my 211z while at home.

Yes, as has been posted in another thread.

I am curious as to why the inserter is needed.

Well I bought a DPP44 and hooked it up and it worked well with the 211z. It is a lot quicker to activate the receiver when it is hooked into the home as compared to the tailgater because the satellites are already pointed correctly. Now I just need to decide where I want to hook it up permanetly in my house to keep it active. I might get rid of the second Joey on my account and just use the 211z.

Another benefit to doing this is that I can record shows (I have an EHD connected to the 211z) and save them on the DVR in case I don't get a signal where we are camping.

You cannot use an EHD with both a 211 and a Hopper. If going between the two, it will reformat and erase all data each time.

You cannot use an EHD with both a 211 and a Hopper. If going between the two, it will reformat and erase all data each time.
I actually found that it will not reformat when switching between a Hopper and 211. You have to connect to a computer first and format it back to NTFS first then it will format to the DISH receiver. Until you do that the "other type" DISH receiver will not even see the drive.

Well I bought a DPP44 and hooked it up and it worked well with the 211z. It is a lot quicker to activate the receiver when it is hooked into the home as compared to the tailgater because the satellites are already pointed correctly. Now I just need to decide where I want to hook it up permanetly in my house to keep it active. I might get rid of the second Joey on my account and just use the 211z.

Another benefit to doing this is that I can record shows (I have an EHD connected to the 211z) and save them on the DVR in case I don't get a signal where we are camping.
Keep in mind, if you replace a Joey with the 211, that it will be standalone and have no access to the Hopper programming.

2lm7vpg.jpg

Is this basically what I do? Do I just add a DPP44 w/inserter? Is it as simple as removing the 3 wires currently going into my Duo node and connecting them into the DPP44?
One last question.....

Is there any way to use a single coax cable to combine the signal going to the 211z with the signal going to one of the Hoppers or Joeys? I wanted to hook up my 211z in the same room as a Joey but there is only one cable going into that room. I was wondering if a dixplexer, tap or some other option might let me carry both signals on one coax.

Exactly!!!!

Seriously, if they could just have a simple online option to reactive the receiver then I would be happy.

I run into this problem with my 211k that I use in my RV as well. There used to be a simple way to get a "hit" sent through the automated phone menu by saying "Error Code" followed by the error shown (005 maybe?). I believe they removed it, although I haven't tried for awhile so I'm not 100% sure.

Chat will usually get your request completed sooner than the phone CSR going through their script. I did have DIRT help me once, but I hate to bother them for something like this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)