Tailgater vs King Tailgater

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There are two models online now. One is the white tailgater, and one is blue and called a King Tailgater.

Seem to do the same, the King on amazon says "newer" model. My dish has the white one.

What exactly is your question.

The Tailgater is a King VuCube that has been gutted of electronics that are supported inside the VIP211.

Here is the new "King Tailgater" http://kingconnect.com/product/king-tailgater-2/

In reading the information on that webpage, they claim that this one supports two receivers. Also, it says that you can mount it permanently on the top of the RV. When the original Tailgater came out, they said the same thing about mounting, even sold a $179 ladder mount. After having numerous problems, they then said it couldn't hold up to all the roughness and bouncing of being permanently mounted and quit selling the mounting feet.

I would assume that this new "King Tailgater" is a more robust model than the older one.

Reactions: gadgtfreek
The Tailgater does not have the positioning logic board inside. The postioning software in running in the VIP211.

Do not compare the Tailgater to the King Domes.

The Tailgater does not have the positioning logic board inside. The postioning software in running in the VIP211.

Do not compare the Tailgater to the King Domes.

Where are you coming from? Nobody mentioned the King Domes. Did you look at the link I provided? King Controls has a new Tailgater called the King Tailgater, which is what the OP asked about.

King stopped making the VuCubes which the Tailgater was originally created from. The new Dish VQ4510 Dish Tailgater is made from the new King Quest. It still has no internal positioning logic like the previous Tailgater. Color is different, no other improvements.

King stopped making the VuCubes which the Tailgater was originally created from. The new Dish VQ4510 Dish Tailgater is made from the new King Quest. It still has no internal positioning logic like the previous Tailgater. Color is different, no other improvements.

A couple of hours ago you never heard of the King Tailgater, now you're an authority on them? How do you know there are no improvements? If King Controls believes that it is rugged enough to mount permanently on your RV, they must have improved something. Also, you can run two receivers off of them. I believe that this new King Tailgater is in answer to Winegard's X1 and X2.

[QUOTE="rvvaquero, post: 3701318, member: 175186"I believe that this new King Tailgater is in answer to Winegard's X1 and X2.[/QUOTE]
With the exception that the X1 and X2 are not receiver dependent.

If you ever tried to run two receivers on a single LNBF dish, you would not can that a benefit. But if the positioning mechanism has been improved, that is a positive and so many Tailgaters have failed in that area.

With the exception that the X1 and X2 are not receiver dependent.

You are wrong. The Winegard X1 and X2 are both receiver dependent. They only work with the VIP series of receivers using the same Dish Mobile Protocol that the Tailgaters use. You can read that from Winegard's online information here http://www.winegard.com/pathway/pathway-x2 and http://www.winegard.com/pathway/pathway-x1-features

I've owned both the VuQube and Tailgater and found them to be substandard quality. I will never pay money for another King Controls product. From what I've read, the Winegard products are superior, but I've never used one.

However, none of this has answered the OP's question. He asked what the difference is between the original Tailgater and the new King Tailgater. I don't know the answer, except for what I've already pointed out in earlier posts. If you don't know the answer, just say so and quit giving incorrect information.

I will say this. Sold a weingard automatic dish and a king controls automatic dish.

The weingard one was a far better product.

The weingard had a simple on or off button, where the king control model had this stupid switch you needed to turn on every time.

The New King Tailgater was introduced to compete against the Winegard pathway X2. Being the X2 has such a larger receiving dish, there was no comparison in performance between the older King Tailgater (smaller aprox 10in receiving dish) vs the X2 (aprox 18 in receiving dish). Both use the same software being it is in the VIP series receiver. I have had both and can vouch as to the performance difference between the older tailgater and the X2, the X2 is far superior. I am presently still using the X2 and have not experienced using the new larger King Tailgater.

The New King Tailgater was introduced to compete against the Winegard pathway X2. Being the X2 has such a larger receiving dish, there was no comparison in performance between the older King Tailgater (smaller aprox 10in receiving dish) vs the X2 (aprox 18 in receiving dish). Both use the same software being it is in the VIP series receiver. I have had both and can vouch as to the performance difference between the older tailgater and the X2, the X2 is far superior. I am presently still using the X2 and have not experienced using the new larger King Tailgater.

Thanks for your post. I was hoping that someone who had used both would share their experience. The biggest issue I have with the original Tailgater is I would have to run setup 3 or 4 times before it would be successful. Also, I lost Sat 129 fairly easily. How is the Pathway X2 for setup speed and success? Any appreciable problem with finding and holding Sat 129?

The X2 is all automatic, just place with handle facing the North and the unit finds the Sats automatically. Setup done before I finish setting up other items in the RV. My major problem with the Tailgater was getting reception of my local HD stations even when parked in my driveway at home. Upgraded to the X2 and problem resolved.

Reactions: TheKrell
The X2 is all automatic, just place with handle facing the North and the unit finds the Sats automatically. Setup done before I finish setting up other items in the RV. My major problem with the Tailgater was getting reception of my local HD stations even when parked in my driveway at home. Upgraded to the X2 and problem resolved.

Yeah, the Tailgater is all automatic too, until it tells you it didn't find any satellites and you have to reset it. The Tailgater not getting locals is indicative of not receiving Sat 129 very well. That's the problem I was referring to.

Thanks for your response.

Could be that the X2 can acquire both Eastern & Western Arc sats while the Tailgater (both plain & King) can only acquire the Western Arc sats.

Could be that the X2 can acquire both Eastern & Western Arc sats while the Tailgater (both plain & King) can only acquire the Western Arc sats.

The X2 can do either EA or WA, but not both. Part of the Dish Mobile software allows choosing between EA and WA on the X2 when setting up each time.

Reactions: iwannarock1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)