Tailgating Generator Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ForbinC

Original poster
Feb 5, 2010
DC
All,

Very sorry if I'm posting this question in the wrong forum.

I recently purchased a portable satellite dish and 400 watt inverter and am planning on using my 17 inch LCD TV and DirecTV receiver for tailgating.

For those who use generators, where do you store the generator during the game? In your car? Is it safe to leave it in your car if it's hot outside (I tend to tailgate at NASCAR events in the summer).

Do you only bring gas in the generator or do you bring an extra can of gas in case you need more? Where do you store extra gasoline during the event? Where do you store an extra gas can during the event?

Thanks! I just want to make sure I'm being safe.

-ForbinC

All,

Very sorry if I'm posting this question in the wrong forum.

I recently purchased a portable satellite dish and 400 watt inverter and am planning on using my 17 inch LCD TV and DirecTV receiver for tailgating.

For those who use generators, where do you store the generator during the game? In your car? Is it safe to leave it in your car if it's hot outside (I tend to tailgate at NASCAR events in the summer).

Do you only bring gas in the generator or do you bring an extra can of gas in case you need more? Where do you store extra gasoline during the event? Where do you store an extra gas can during the event?

Thanks! I just want to make sure I'm being safe.

-ForbinC

Do you have a truck with an open air bed? I think that would be a lot more safe than to put it into a concealed car. If you do put it in the car though, I'd be sure to crack the windows otherwise you'll be overwhelmed with CO2 when you return to your car after the event is over.

Well, I keep mine in my trailer (have a 6x12 enclosed trailer that I use) during the game. I use the Honda EU2000 and the supplemental gas tank that goes with it to power my 2 32" LCDs, two Dish receivers, lights (if it is a night game) and a crock pot or two. The 1 gallon in the tank lasts about 6 hours and the additional supplemental tank (5 gallons) means it is impossible to run out in a day. Before I had the trailer I always put them in the back of my pickup (with a hard cover on it).

If using a generator I hope you have a quiet one or you're going to have some pissed off neighbors. The Honda ones are amazingly quiet. People are always amazed at how quiet it is. Multiple times we've asked others to shut of thier loud ass generators and just plug into mine because you can't hear yourself think when they are anywhere in the area.

Once it is cooled down we put them in the vehicles. We try to put the gas tanks in the back of someones truck.

Generator noise has never been an issue. Everyone has a generator going at their tent...then with all the TVs and music going..drunken yelling...dj's with mics...etc. There is no way you are going to hear the generator unless you took the muffler off. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts