taking remotes apart?

blockisle9

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 1, 2004
Has anyone ever taken apart the remotes for the 625? The buttons on my remotes have to be pushed extremly hard for it to work. When my old TV remote use to act like that, I would take it apart and clean the rubber part and circuit board and it would be fine.
I just dont want to brake the Dish Remotes becouse they are leased.
Thanks
Lenny

Last edited:
just buy a new one it would be the best way. But if want to take it apart there is only one scry that holds it together under battery holder and it is one rubber pad for all the buttons

Has anyone ever taken apart the remotes for the 625? The buttons on my remotes have to be pushed extremly hard for it to work. When my old TV remote use to act like that, I would take it apart and clean the rubber part and circuit board and it would be fine.
I just dont want to brake the Dish Remotes becouse they are leased.
Thanks
Lenny
If you have DHP Plan call and tell them remote does not work, they will ship you a new one, free shipping also.

I get my Dish through AT&T (SBC) I dont think I have a DHP Plan, I dont own the remotes but I think the shipping charges through AT&T Dish would be more if I bought new ones off e-bay.

do you have DNS office in youre aria if yes contact them or even a sub. 60% that they have spare remotes. also call dish and explain to them see what they can do

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)