Taking the Plunge Tomorrow

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Here where I live DN is about to lose the Local CBS I think it is and will probably lose the rest, I myself would not pay DN or DTV for the locals.

I can get them off a Antenna and I live over a 100 miles from the City they come out of.

I would like to see more channels on the Big dish, I doubt your going to see Disney since they made a deal with DN and DTV that's why we lost it years ago on C-band

I can get them off a Antenna and I live over a 100 miles from the City they come out of.

Rock On best way to get them in my opinion they look way better :)

Here ya go. If you get bored go to archive.org (the way back machine) and see the amazing C-Band prices. Heck the G5 package would fit me in most cases (this is from 2003)
ABC Family Channel
A&E
Animal Planet
BET
CNN
CNNI
CNNfn
CNBC
Discovery Channel
ESPN
ESPN2
FOX News
Golf Channel
Headline News
History Channel
Learning Channel
Lifetime
MSNBC
Sci-Fi
Spike TV (E&W)
TBS Superstation - Atlanta
TNT
Travel Channel
USA Network (E&W)
WGN - Chicago

Heck Ice One thing I always loved about C band was the prices. They were great. I remember paying $3.85 for what I wanted at the time for 3 months for years. I used to tell people with cable and pizza what I paid and they couldn't believe it. I guess the greedy force from the cable pizza cartel finally reared there ugly heads into c band prices one way or the other now. :(

Just my two cents, But comcast is making money here. Back when 4160 was still alive the packages were always more costly on W5. Example the discovery sub suite.

W5 always cost more. There is a fee to Comcast for their retransmission. Everyone has there hands in our pockets these days.

It wasn't always that way. When the videocipher first became available prices for C band satellite channels and packages were very high compared to CATV. I joined the K-SAT (I believe this was the name) army which had a nightly satellite radio program with a host named Harry who fought to make programming more affordable. Al Gore at the time was a BIG satellite supporter and helped to make this come true. I personally talked to Al Gore several times during this time and we couldn't of lowered prices without his help.

Last night when I posted the differences in channel packages I was almost ready to give up on H2H already after only 4 days of service. However, later I switched from Dish Network back to H2H and once again saw the picture quality difference and the graphics were so much easier to read.

I want to keep H2H to support this wonderful C band service, but at the same time I don't want to upset my family by cutting off channels they enjoy.

How many subscribe to the Digital Deluxe Package?

I'm thinking about upgrading from the basic to the deluxe H2H package and also keeping Dish Network and reduce that from the Top 120 to the Welcome package to help offset expenses. This way I might be able to please everyone in the family.

Then after a month or two if I get resistance from my family and H2H doesn't add additional channels I might be forced to cancel H2H and upgrade Dish Network to the Top 200.

Here where I live DN is about to lose the Local CBS I think it is and will probably lose the rest, I myself would not pay DN or DTV for the locals.

I would like to see more channels on the Big dish, I doubt your going to see Disney since they made a deal with DN and DTV that's why we lost it years ago on C-band

Before the digital transition I used to love receiving broadcast TV from hundreds of miles away under the correct atmospheric conditions. I could get NYC, Utica, Syracuse NY, Adams MA, Hartford CT, Burlington VT and once, Florida. Once and a while it was better than Albany, NY 30 miles away.

I would never consider paying anyone for local TV.

Last night when I posted the differences in channel packages I was almost ready to give up on H2H already after only 4 days of service. However, later I switched from Dish Network back to H2H and once again saw the picture quality difference and the graphics were so much easier to read.

I want to keep H2H to support this wonderful C band service, but at the same time I don't want to upset my family by cutting off channels they enjoy.

How many subscribe to the Digital Deluxe Package?

I'm thinking about upgrading from the basic to the deluxe H2H package and also keeping Dish Network and reduce that from the Top 120 to the Welcome package to help offset expenses. This way I might be able to please everyone in the family.

Then after a month or two if I get resistance from my family and H2H doesn't add additional channels I might be forced to cancel H2H and upgrade Dish Network to the Top 200.

I would highly doubt you will see any new channels maybe the Denver 5/8 and core discover channels but those will be on different satellites.

At my house my 410 is in man cave aka the basement bottom line is it costs be more money to have a 410 and dish network but this is my hobby. Your more then likely going to have to just give up trying to get your wife and kids to watch the 410. If you like it just use it for your self and pay more for it as your hobby. Just my two cents

At my house my 410 is in man cave aka the basement bottom line is it costs be more money to have a 410 and dish network but this is my hobby. Your more then likely going to have to just give up trying to get your wife and kids to watch the 410. If you like it just use it for your self and pay more for it as your hobby. Just my two cents

Very well put! I might just need to do the same.

Having H2H for a week now I have to say that I'm really enjoying it. One thing I do notice is that when the guide is displayed it begins 30 minutes before the current time. For example if it's 7:15PM the guide begins at 6:30PM instead of 7PM. Is this normal?

One thing I do notice is that when the guide is displayed it begins 30 minutes before the current time. For example if it's 7:15PM the guide begins at 6:30PM instead of 7PM. Is this normal?

Yes Sir :)

This is because someone owns the rights to starting the guide at the hour mark. The 920's did it and Motorola got sued if I remember right, so after that they all started 1/2 hour early. Welcome to the crazy world of the 4DTV :).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)