Tampa Bay Area Rain Record:

Status
Not open for further replies.

LonghornXP

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Well this area just had right now the single worst rain day in this month ever in recorded history and it doesn't seem close to stopping. So far the city of Clearwater has recorded over 7 inches of rain and they expect the storm to stay just as strong and even get worse for at least the next 6 hours. They expect this area might even reach 15 inches of rain or more. Right now the beachfront is just flatout flooded and almost mud as I'm looking right at it out my windows. Just very very bad today. Also we had a set of bad bad parts of the storm that had thunder that just shook the house and I mean shook it in that you could feel the rumble. I've never felt it like this way ever before.

LonghornXP said:
Well this area just had right now the single worst rain day in this month ever in recorded history and it doesn't seem close to stopping. So far the city of Clearwater has recorded over 7 inches of rain and they expect the storm to stay just as strong and even get worse for at least the next 6 hours. They expect this area might even reach 15 inches of rain or more. Right now the beachfront is just flatout flooded and almost mud as I'm looking right at it out my windows. Just very very bad today. Also we had a set of bad bad parts of the storm that had thunder that just shook the house and I mean shook it in that you could feel the rumble. I've never felt it like this way ever before.
Wanna' send some of that weather over toward Oklahoma and Texas? Well, except for the tornados. We get enough of those. :D

Holy crap I just saw a tornado right on the water and it seems to be coming towards my back yard. Oh sh*t I don't know what todo right now. I'm going to the bathroom now and I'll post back soon.

Wow I just saw it disappear now. I feel better now as I've never seen this before. It started as a water spout and just went on land in my back yard.

mdonnelly said:
Wanna' send some of that weather over toward Oklahoma and Texas? Well, except for the tornados. We get enough of those. :D

That was crazy as heck. I posted my update of the tornado almost right when you did. Also don't say the word tornado ever again at least for today okay.

Heavy thunderstorm -> tornados! Take it from someone who's lived in Tornado Alley for 20 years.

longhorn, you are right, it is some crazy sh*t going on here right now. it has not stopped raining since it began around 7 or 8 this morning.

Keep low you guys in Florida. All I have to put up with is snow, ice and 20-degrees. None of which has damaged my place..................yet.

Jeez, please send some of that rain to Phoenix. We're in an all-time record dry spell. The last day we got any measurable rain around here was October 18, 2005! I'm not kidding. That's like 108 days without rain.

Something's messed up somewhere.

sikma, you have snow? As you can see by my avatar, all our snow down in Lake Effect country has melted. :(

I'll need to check up on my folks in Sarasota to see how they're holding up. I hope it's not the wrong time to have a downstairs condo!

Edit: We have snow again! So, now we have a cute puppy for an avatar, for now...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)