Target Digital Movie and TV Streaming Starting October 1st

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
A few years too late. These VOD services are now a dime a dozen: netflix, hulu, vudu, apple store, Amazon VOD/prime etc.. very little difference between each, simillar prices.

The next, real, game changer will be the service who offers real "live" TV...

If I'd be able to sub to some networks, FX, AMC and HBO on my Roku, I'd be quite satisfied.

Cheers, K

A few years too late. These VOD services are now a dime a dozen: netflix, hulu, vudu, apple store, Amazon VOD/prime etc.. very little difference between each, simillar prices. The next, real, game changer will be the service who offers real "live" TV... If I'd be able to sub to some networks, FX, AMC and HBO on my Roku, I'd be quite satisfied. Cheers, K

And then we will have caps.

In our area we have had a soft cap of 250GB for about a year now, they do not charge if we go over, but if it happens too much they will complain to us ( we went over twice this summer while the kids were home).

If there was a real Internet TV service, I have no doubt that Comcast ( and the other providers )will turn the soft cap into a hard cap and charge when we go over and that will kill any new service.

What needs to happen is a way to deliver the same quality with lower bandwidth.

Not sure about this new service. Ironically I'm posting this while sitting in a Target.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

And then we will have caps.

In our area we have had a soft cap of 250GB for about a year now, they do not charge if we go over, but if it happens too much they will complain to us ( we went over twice this summer while the kids were home).

If there was a real Internet TV service, I have no doubt that Comcast ( and the other providers )will turn the soft cap into a hard cap and charge when we go over and that will kill any new service.

We're probably streaming 3-4hours a night (Vudu, Netflix and Hulu) and much more on weekends. IIRC, might have crossed 250gb just once.. which was when the GF decided to watch 7 seasons of Gossip Girl in 2 weeks.

Cheers, K

They kind of trick you and tell you you get 10 free movies for signing up.

What they don't tell you is that you can select 10 movies out the the 20 they have displayed (and only those 10 movies) :(

Welp I now have Crocodile Dundee in my collection. :)

Kraven:

VOD services may be a "dime a dozen", but none of them have Seed or Republic of Doyle or Rick Mercer. I hold out even less hope that Storage Wars Canada will show up tonight. Bit Torrent still has everything I need.

They kind of trick you and tell you you get 10 free movies for signing up.

What they don't tell you is that you can select 10 movies out the the 20 they have displayed (and only those 10 movies) :(

Welp I now have Crocodile Dundee in my collection. :)

Ah, so that's the catch. I have to many other options and prefer the lossless sound of blu-ray movies to be a customer of Target streaming. I was going to sign up and use at least a few of those free movies though. If the selection is really that limited I won't even bother doing that.

Kraven:

VOD services may be a "dime a dozen", but none of them have Seed or Republic of Doyle or Rick Mercer. I hold out even less hope that Storage Wars Canada will show up tonight. Bit Torrent still has everything I need.

Arent those shows available on CBC.CA and on Global's site?

Everyone wants to start a streaming service... I think that the ship has sailed for most possible contenders. I wonder how much of the service they are actually doing vs just re-branding a third party?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)