TDA10071 based DVB-S2 receivers

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
tester, if you happen to get more documentation from STMicro, perhaps you can post it (or have it posted) under the manuals section? You've definitely stumbled onto something interesting here and I'd love to take a look and help if/where I can.

also waiting on a PLL Ku LNB so I can actually lock S2 feeds. (and not have an 8MHz drift)

You don't need a PLL LNB to lock S2 for the most part, unless you are talking about very low SRs. Finding DRO units that stay within 1 MHz or less is pretty easy. I haven't paid much attention to Ku drift specs as I'm stuck on Invacom for the most part, but my C-band DROs are stable +/- 100 kHz.

I have the 7500 (USB) and 7301 (PCI) units running together on Windows for the moment as a kind of stress test. I tried plugging in the 7500 into one of my Linux machines, but the DVB drivers didn't recognize it. My driver baseline is probably a couple of months old, so I need to update it to see if that's all that's required. If I get a chance I also try the 7301 on Linux.

tester, if you happen to get more documentation from STMicro, perhaps you can post it (or have it posted) under the manuals section? You've definitely stumbled onto something interesting here and I'd love to take a look and help if/where I can.

There might be issues with NDAs.. the drivers were clearly written with a good understanding of the hardware, and ST doesn't appear to have that information publicly on their site, just a simple spec sheet. I'm going to try to contact the author listed in the header and see if they can provide some insight. If I do get information that I can share, I will definitely post it.

I have the 7500 (USB) and 7301 (PCI) units running together on Windows for the moment as a kind of stress test. I tried plugging in the 7500 into one of my Linux machines, but the DVB drivers didn't recognize it. My driver baseline is probably a couple of months old, so I need to update it to see if that's all that's required. If I get a chance I also try the 7301 on Linux.

The 7301 should work.. but there have been some very recent changes to the driver code, so you might have better luck compiling a custom, bleeding-edge kernel.

The 7301 should work.. but there have been some very recent changes to the driver code, so you might have better luck compiling a custom, bleeding-edge kernel.

Pulled the latest snapshot with Mercurial and rebuilt. No-go for either the 7301 or 7500. I saw some "stv090x/stv6110x improvements and bug fixes" that were posted on Oct 14 that have not been rolled in, but nothing stood out as essential to get the devices recognized. If I find some time this weekend I'll look into adding the necessary pieces. Most of the testing for the STV0903 seems to be with a TT-1600.

Pulled the latest snapshot with Mercurial and rebuilt. No-go for either the 7301 or 7500. I saw some "stv090x/stv6110x improvements and bug fixes" that were posted on Oct 14 that have not been rolled in, but nothing stood out as essential to get the devices recognized. If I find some time this weekend I'll look into adding the necessary pieces. Most of the testing for the STV0903 seems to be with a TT-1600.

Hmm. I suppose I was wrong about support :) Looks like it's got a cx23883 PCI interface chip ("broadcast decoder"). Need to add a card def in the cx88 drivers. Do you know if we can just use some existing cx23883 firmware from another card, or are they all card specific? Fun times ahead! I'm at a loss right now, since I don't have hardware to test with yet. I've just been trying to more familiarize myself with the DVB-API v5.

The driver code for the stv0903 seems to make me think that depending on the version of the chip or when it was made, it supports more modulation modes than advertised by Prof. :confused:

As this thread has morphed into a different topic and direction, and now belongs better in the PC subforum, several of us have suggested moving or splitting this thread. We apparently need a mod to do this, but no one has either asked or acted. Being on the lazy side, but wanting to do the right thing in the end, I have opened a new thread in the PC DVB Discussion subforum where I will continue to post progress and discoveries. I am encouraging others to do so as well.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts