Team Summit 2021

I was hoping some miracle was coming out. I read that two of our favorite CBS shows Seal Team and Clarice might be going to the Paramount Plus app. We already have to pay for HBO, Discovery Plus, Netflix, and now will have to get the Paramount Plus app. When is it going to stop!!

I was hoping some miracle was coming out. I read that two of our favorite CBS shows Seal Team and Clarice might be going to the Paramount Plus app. We already have to pay for HBO, Discovery Plus, Netflix, and now will have to get the Paramount Plus app. When is it going to stop!!
It is funny. For years, many people (including me) have said we should move to a pay for the channels we want format. With streaming, it's exactly that. I still hold by my opinion, but it seems that others now have the opposing perspective with the theory now being put to practice.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Reactions: charlesrshell
You do not have to pay for any of those apps, you are choosing to and it is no different then choosing to pay extra for Showtime, Starz or Epix to watch whatever shows you can only get on those channels.

Second, keep a look out for deals, Paramount+ had a year Commercial Free for $50 a couple of months ago, sooner or later there will be other discounts.

• Wow
You do not have to pay for any of those apps, you are choosing to and it is no different then choosing to pay extra for Showtime, Starz or Epix to watch whatever shows you can only get on those channels.

Second, keep a look out for deals, Paramount+ had a year Commercial Free for $50 a couple of months ago, sooner or later there will be other discounts.
I like all my programing to be in one unit like the H3. Maybe someday that will happen and using the cloud storage will work more smoother like the H3 works.

I won't be buying any more addons. I'll just do without...like HBO.

I like all my programing to be in one unit like the H3. Maybe someday that will happen and using the cloud storage will work more smoother like the H3 works.
That is not what you wrote, you complained about the cost.

My wife does not like switching inputs at all or use more then one remote, we just bought a new TV and my options were rather limited because she demands all of our programing we subscribe to on one box, so the choices were Sony ( Android TV is regularly updated) or the new 85” 7 Series TCL, the new Sony’s I wanted are delayed again, so back to the Roku.

And the Roku does work quite smooth.

That is not what you wrote, you complained about the cost.

My wife does not like switching inputs at all or use more then one remote, we just bought a new TV and my options were rather limited because she demands all of our programing we subscribe to on one box, so the choices were Sony ( Android TV is regularly updated) or the new 85” 7 Series TCL, the new Sony’s I wanted are delayed again, so back to the Roku.

And the Roku does work quite smooth.
I want both but lean more toward the convivence.

I would agree, but we use a FireStick for whatever streaming apps we're subscribed to at the time because to me the picture and sound quality is a lot better through the FS than the H3. I have a Harmony remote that handles the necessary input switching with my AVS.

I hear what you guys are saying, my wife don't like switching inputs either.

It would be nice if they had everything built into one box including satellite. But me I would want it to offer all the latest bells and whistles too for best sound and video quality.

Who knows what the future holds.

I hear what you guys are saying, my wife don't like switching inputs either.

It would be nice if they had everything built into one box including satellite. But me I would want it to offer all the latest bells and whistles too for best sound and video quality.

Who knows what the future holds.
I know Comcast and Charter provide their apps that act like Boxes on TVs and streaming devices and Dish does it on one Fire device, why don’t they (Satellite) provide it on more devices for their subscribers, it would help customers save on box fees and might help retain some of those customers that are leaving in high numbers.

Say, pay for the one Hopper in the main TV room and Rokus in the other rooms that do not get much usage, like a kid’s room or a guest room.

I know Comcast and Charter provide their apps that act like Boxes on TVs and streaming devices and Dish does it on one Fire device, why don’t they (Satellite) provide it on more devices for their subscribers, it would help customers save on box fees and might help retain some of those customers that are leaving in high numbers.
If I remember correctly, DISH was threatened with Lawsuits over the sling technology as broadcasters feared people would be sharing their accounts and non subscribers would be accessing their content. So to avoid those issues DISH agreed to limit it to one stream and built their Sling Encoders to handle only one stream.

BTW the Roku does not support DISH Anywhere. However you can cast from your phone's app to your Roku as a work around.

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)