Team Summit - Any new info on RSN's in HD

Actually more transponder space then anything, NESN HD is 24 / 7 HD they dont have room for a 24/7 channel which only serves 3 or 4 states.

The reason why they selected the RSN's they did was because they looked at their schedules for MLB and looked at which ones did not colide with other hd games since they are actually just time sharing one tranponder. :)

Thanks Scott...I can understanding the reasoning and your answer makes more sense than E*'s "soon or very soon" response.

The RSN's they have now cover over 50% of the population.

The rest will be made available by next year (with a few more coming this year)

Dish has the space NOW to put up all the HD RSN's, however if they did that then they would not have space to put new national HD content. The HD RSN's only are seen in certain areas. So its not worth wasting national HD space for something that is regional. :)

To bad they just can't dump all the VOOM channels to make room for the RSN's. That would give us plenty of space for RSN's plus new national HD channels.

To bad they just can't dump all the VOOM channels to make room for the RSN's. That would give us plenty of space for RSN's plus new national HD channels.
Voom Channels are in HD all the time.

"National HD channels" are in SD, except for the 1 hour per week that they show something in HD (cf "National Geographic HD" and "A&E HD"). Or, alternately, they have HD all day, except it is the same 3 shows repeated over and over and over (cf "Food TV HD").

Personally, while I watch sports as much as anyone, I haven't watched my RSN in the last 5 years (since the 2002 World Series), so I am unlikely to watch the HD version of my RSN.

Also, the Voom Channels are not on DirecTV, so they are Dish's "edge" in HD. Furthermore, if Dish adds every new national HD channel found on DirecTV, then they will continue to have an edge in every region where do they have the HD RSN turned on.

It's like locals - if they don't have locals in that town, then they are at a disadvantage in that town ---- but only in that town. If they are missing a national channel, then they are missing it for everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)