Team Summit Next Week

I'd like to see them announce a fix for spotbeams that don't cover the entire DMA.

My prediction: No new HD will be mentioned. 922 ship date and price announced (expensive). 922 will require extra charge each month to cover the extras it does.

I think E* would love to do this, but the providers want to be paid for all the subs in the basic packages for their RSN. Charlie is very pro a la carte.

Now how much per sub can it be? I believe every other major distributor (D*, TWC, Cablevision, Fios, Comcast) carries them? I truly believe it is just a pissing contest between Dish & Yes (and even MLB for that part), and us subs are pawns in the middle.:(

Now how much per sub can it be? I believe every other major distributor (D*, TWC, Cablevision, Fios, Comcast) carries them? I truly believe it is just a pissing contest between Dish & Yes (and even MLB for that part), and us subs are pawns in the middle.:(

I have to agree. How long has this been going on?

I can dream...

They will announce that subscribers in Puerto Rico can add Gold HD (like we used to), specially if we have 6 footers already aimed at 61.5. Or add the missing HD channels to 110 (don't charlie want our money?)

Also, MLB Network (I said I can dream!)

I know this is a long shot as are most of the other requests. I'd like them to develop multiroom viewing enabled through DishCOMM networks so I can watch DVR events on any TV.

Apologies if this was covered somewhere along the way. If not, perhaps it is a question for the folks at Team Summit:

With all the extra functionality and new interface of the 922S, I would assume the software is considerably different than the 622/722. That said, will we be able to take an external HD that was attached to our 622 (or 722) for archiving, and connect it to the 922 to transfer the recordings from the 622?

HD output to TV2 - PLEASE!!

This should have already been done in my opinion but has not been because of the price point. They would rather just put in an HD receiver in each room. Part of the issue with this could be due to the wiring requiring to go to the second room. This is why they introduced the 612 receiver.

What I would like to see:

Speed HD, FX HD and the ability to view HD from one Receiver on all others in the same household connected over Ethernet (an HD slingcatcher would do).

What I expect to see:

The announcement of Insect Cuisine HD and World Hellgrammite Fancy HD (too similar?)

and a Price increase to cover it the cost of developing it.

It may be a pissing contest but Chuckles made the point on a Chat a few years ago, that the addition of YES would result in a price increase for all subs and for that reason, YES would not be added unless the asking price changed. At the time I think he may have mentioned how much per sub YES wanted in his response. Maybe it's in the archives here somewhere. I don't remember if the Chat was pre Sat Guys or not. If not, it may be at DBSTalk somewhere. That also goes back to when E* package prices were quite a bit cheaper than they are now. I agree it is confounding how all other providers can manage to come to terms. This type of thing is always hard to understand since we lack any real information for comprehending what's going on. I certainly don't trust Charlie's words about anything.

PIP on the 612! If not, then I'd like to know the reason why.

I've been pondering this limitation some more, and I fear this may be precluded by the hardware. There may exist only a single mpeg decoder under the hood. I haven't taken the lid off my leased 612s to find out.

How about network playback of all programs from all VIP DVRs to all other VIP receivers? Or a related feature: network playback of all suitable content, including programs stored on PCs, a la Slingcatcher.

bingo

PIP on the 612! If not, then I'd like to know the reason why.

I've been pondering this limitation some more, and I fear this may be precluded by the hardware. There may exist only a single mpeg decoder under the hood. I haven't taken the lid off my leased 612s to find out.

It takes dual tuners to do the pip

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)