**Team Summit Update**

Yea, for that price, I'd buy my own equipment and do a self install.
That is what I am planning to do as far as I can go in the process that is allowed. I am going to install the DPH42 switch and a Hybrid Duo Hub and see if my two HWSs work. Then, I will punt from there.

Charging $450 for an $79.99 switch (that they probably don't even pay that much for), they are clearly trying to take advantage of you and/or the situation. That alone would keep me from seriously considering them, let alone not allowing you to supply one on your own. Clearly that "policy" only would seem to exist to back up the extortion they are attempting here. :rolleyes:

On the subject of the new DPH42 switch. I found a local installer who is willing to install two Hopper 3 units for me. However, he is quoting me $450 for the DPH42 Switch Kit. Dish Depot lists the switch at $79.99. The installer can only install what he sells so it appears I'm stuck. I asked him if the 'kit' included an amplifier which was shown in an installation pdf posted earlier and he says it does not. I'm going to call Dish Depot tomorrow and ask them if the price on their site is correct, but it is in line with other switches they sell.

I would tell him to go fly a kite. Besides only 1 H3 is allowed on an account.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: charlesrshell
That is what I am planning to do as far as I can go in the process that is allowed. I am going to install the DPH42 switch and a Hybrid Duo Hub and see if my two HWSs work. Then, I will punt from there.

Please correct me if needed, but I do not believe you can use legacy Hoppers with the DPH42.

No disrespect to any DIRT members, but I can't imagine a retailer would get pricing from Dish (he needed my acct info) for the install without assurance the receivers would be activated.
No need for him to get pricing from Dish. He already has a price list and he just added stuff up. He's getting a nice "fee" for installation too.

Just so you know, you can BUY a Hopper 3 outright from a reputable Dish retailer for $249, the DPH42 is $80, and a dish/LNBF assembly is $100. You want (2) H3 receivers so you're at $680 total (not including installation, cabling, etc).

why cannot dish do two H3 per house will they will eventually run out of them

Its not that they cannot do two per house. Its they cannot do two per account due to a business rule. I'm hoping this will change on the actual release date on June 6th. But I'm not holding my breath.

I know of 2 members here that have 2 h3's on 1 account. I think it's safe to say the 1 h3 per account is not written on stone.
When I got my H3, the installer came from a job where he installed .... (2) Hopper 3s. It simply required (2) dishes. His supervisor had to tell him about adding the 2nd dish because he's done it before himself.

No need for him to get pricing from Dish. He already has a price list and he just added stuff up. He's getting a nice "fee" for installation too.

Just so you know, you can BUY a Hopper 3 outright from a reputable Dish retailer for $249, the DPH42 is $80, and a dish/LNBF assembly is $100. You want (2) H3 receivers so you're at $680 total (not including installation, cabling, etc).

Yup, that is about what they are going for on Ebay as well. The quote of $100 for one seemed fine as I'm out of my last commitment, the $350 for the second seemed excessive. There was to be no charge for the dish/LNB so I guess I could consider that a wash. Unless he realizes the $450 for that switch is wrong I'm afraid we'll be taking a pass.

My main reason for posting here was to see if anyone had any idea what a 'switch kit' involved and how it could be worth so much more than the switch alone. Sure doesn't sound like it.