**Team Summit Update**

I think we're all getting ahead of ourselves here. Let's have some patience and wait for the official release date of June 6th or 7th. Then let's see if a few days later if dish begins allowing 2 H3 installs on the same account. Of course Dirt has nothing to say because they're told to say nothing until the actual official release and change of policy occur. I'm willing to bet however that some retailers can indeed go ahead and get approval for two H3 installs on the same account but dish is not ready to go full steam ahead on this until at least after the official release date. dish could have created the dph21. instead they manufactured the dph 42 for an IMHO reason: to support an additional H3 at a single residence on the same account using in many cases the very same equipment already installed making for a very economical multiple H3 install that also includes a fourth satellite, and all with only one reflector not four. I'm going to wait and see.

I think we're all getting ahead of ourselves here. Let's have some patience and wait for the official release date of June 6th or 7th. Then let's see if a few days later if dish begins allowing 2 H3 installs on the same account. Of course Dirt has nothing to say because they're told to say nothing until the actual official release and change of policy occur. I'm willing to bet however that some retailers can indeed go ahead and get approval for two H3 installs on the same account but dish is not ready to go full steam ahead on this until at least after the official release date. dish could have created the dph21. instead they manufactured the dph 42 for an IMHO reason: to support an additional H3 at a single residence on the same account using in many cases the very same equipment already installed making for a very economical multiple H3 install that also includes a fourth satellite, and all with only one reflector not four. I'm going to wait and see.

Sounds like very good advice. While it may be fun to be an early adopter, being a premature adopter, not so much. Thanks to everyone for the comments and suggestions.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Haha !! They just make more !! If "running out" is a concern, maybe they should alternate every other new sales order - one gets an H3, the next one gets an H2, and so on.
If that was a concern, then how about nobody gets an H3 unless they specifically ask for it. That would solve the problem since many new subscribers would simply sign up for a "Hopper" without knowing the difference between the various models.

...dish could have created the dph21. instead they manufactured the dph 42 for an IMHO reason: to support an additional H3 at a single residence on the same account...
I can think of another reason: with the DPH42, they can install two H3's in a duplex (only one per account/residence) using a single dish. There may be some other reason why they don't want to allow two H3's on the same account.

I have always thought the reason is they do not want to install two dishes for a few reasons. Once it can be done with one DISH I would be very surprised if two 3's are not allowed.

If that was a concern, then how about nobody gets an H3 unless they specifically ask for it. That would solve the problem since many new subscribers would simply sign up for a "Hopper" without knowing the difference between the various models.

I can think of another reason: with the DPH42, they can install two H3's in a duplex (only one per account/residence) using a single dish. There may be some other reason why they don't want to allow two H3's on the same account.
Whlle there may be a few instances of that in DYI situations, in my experience it is been the case that every domicile gets its own Earth station and there are some good reasons for that. If something fails it only affects one customer, not multiple. that prevents multiple complaints. Also when a customer cancels their Dish service they are required to return the lnbf's and that would be a big problem if more than one domicile we're sharing an earth station. There are other reasons as well however the point is it's just too complicated to try and do a multi domicile separate account install with a single Earth station even if it can be achieved technically. it saves a lot of headaches just to give each domicile, each apartment its own separate Earth station. dish is already set up with the economies to handle that. of course the exception are large-scale MDU installs but that's a different story. but if we're talking about duplex or several Apartments in a relatively small apartment building then each apartment is going to get their own Earth station. of course if two people sharing an apartment who want separate accounts, then installing one Earth station to provide service to the two people in that one apartment does make some sense, but then again dish would want to be certain that the one person sharing that apartment who cancelled the service isn't going to be still receiving dish services for free and may require the installation of a separate Earth station for a separate account at the expense of the other person sharing the apartment as per residential agreement that limits only one freebie system and install per residence.

...of course if two people sharing an apartment who want separate accounts, then installing one Earth station to provide service to the two people in that one apartment does make some sense, but then again dish would want to be certain that the one person sharing that apartment who cancelled the service isn't going to be still receiving dish services for free and may require the installation of a separate Earth station for a separate account at the expense of the other person sharing the apartment as per residential agreement that limits only one freebie system and install per residence.
When I was in this situation (wanting to open a second account at the same residence) Dish would not let me do so, even with purchased equipment that was already installed. I had to "move" one account to a different address to achieve what I wanted. The rules may have changed since then, but at the time it was only one account allowed per residence, period.

Given the no 2 H3s, I wonder if it will be possible with the DPH42 switch to use a H3 with other Hoppers, especially a HWS. I am looking to replace my 4K Joey with a receiver that will get Netflix and PIP. I don't care about 4K or another 16 tuners. Will a HWS and H3 be able to see each other and be able to watch the other's DVR?

From the chatter earlier about the Flex Pack going away... now when you look at http://www.dish.com all mentions of the Flex Pack are gone. If you try and sign up with Dish online, there is no mention of the Flex Pack - the only options are 120, 120+, 200, 250. On the "compare channel" page, it is just those 4 packages and you can't select the Flex.

However, it is still there when go to http://www.mydish.com

Was there any confirmation that Flex Pack is definitely not available to new customers? Or can new customers not order it online anymore? They are definitely not advertising it anymore on the standard Dish page.

Reactions: pattykay
I look for it to be phased out since they aren't advertising it any more. Grandfathered for those who have it for now , but soon will be done away with eventually.

I look for it to be phased out since they aren't advertising it any more. Grandfathered for those who have it for now , but soon will be done away with eventually.
Maybe not on TV, but still active online as Dennis pointed out. Not dead until it's dead, Mike.

Reactions: satjay
Companies frequently don't delete pages from their website, they just remove prominent links to them. The reality now is, it would appear, is that new customers at least can't sign up for Flex. Well, if they ask for it, I suspect they can but only for a short time.

Reactions: MikeD-C05
There is probably not any incentive discount wise for new customers to get flex.

From the chatter earlier about the Flex Pack going away... now when you look at http://www.dish.com all mentions of the Flex Pack are gone. If you try and sign up with Dish online, there is no mention of the Flex Pack - the only options are 120, 120+, 200, 250. On the "compare channel" page, it is just those 4 packages and you can't select the Flex.

However, it is still there when go to http://www.mydish.com

Was there any confirmation that Flex Pack is definitely not available to new customers? Or can new customers not order it online anymore? They are definitely not advertising it anymore on the standard Dish page.
I noticed the same thing in the advertising flyers in the junk mail. They still show a $39.99 offer that looks very much like Flex Pack, but the words "Flex Pack" do not appear prominently in any of the ads. (only in the fine print at the bottom of the ad) All of the ads show the offers expiring June 21, so I guess we will find out on Wednesday what offer Dish is replacing Flex Pack with, if anything.

Or Dish is trying to increase the monthly subscription rates to attract a new buyer/partnership. Offering Flex drops the monthly subscription fees. They will probably lose most of the customers that are signed up on Flex if they take it away from them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)