Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Someone at Dish Network finally figured out Monday Night was Valentines Day. (And they also noticed that NBR has not yet gone out to the 50X series as promised by Charlie last month) so they have POSTPONED the Tech Chat for one week.

The Tech Chat will now air on Monday Night February 21st at 9PM EST.

are they really going to do the NBR or just saying they are? i know alot of people here still don't believe it is going to happen, myself being one of them.

I doubt it will actually be their by the chat. But charlie said to speak to the vp of eng on the show if it isn't, so there you go...

They know that a number of people will be asking "is NBR there yet, is NBR there yet"? Also weren't they supposed to say something about the 942?

721 & 921 owners too!

Maybe Charlie doesn't want to catch flack from the rest of us he promised NBR to and has not repsonded in any way, let alone giving a pie in the sky roll out date like the 5XX series.

...or on a positive note maybe they have dreamed up a fix for the rest of us PVR owners which happen to be higher paying and longer term customers :D

Dish Network Office bug....

"Geeze Bob the chat is in a few days and we haven't delivered the goods yet!"

"Whoopsy, maybe if we postpone the chat a week we won't catch so much crap as if we held it as scheduled."

"Sounds like a great idea, a week should be long enough to have emm cool down."

More broken promises from these people is no real surprise. It's amazing anyone stays with this company.

DISH expects people to forget, and they DO forget. First the Dishplayer fiasco, then the 921 nonsense, and people will STILL plunk down big money on a 942, expecting Dish to have gotten their game together. Problem is, there's no incentive for Dish to change, they're doing fine regardless.

I'll bet Charlie's previous statements of NBR to the 5xx series will get brushed under the rug on the chat, those calls won't get through, and it will just get "coming soon" lip-service from the peanut gallery.

Dishnetwork is the budget provider, not the quality provider.

Yeah great idea from Charlie, say the next month chat is going to be on the 14th of Feb, then no changes to what he promised so delay a week. I don't know how many watch 101 for the chats every month but for example lets say 1000. Probaly only 50 of those read SatGuys to know this change has hapened. So that is what 1/2 in 10 People that watch. So the other 950 tune to 101 on the 14th see nothing and give up so only 50 are watching on the 21st. Yeah the ones that said the good questions wont be aired are right.......they wont air good questions, thats why people should call in give a lame question to hopefully get on the air, and then when they are on ask the real (different question) like NBR and so on.....just my 2 cents worth

I think your on to something.

"ke4est- Yeah great idea from Charlie, say the next month chat is going to be on the 14th of Feb, then no changes to what he promised so delay a week. I don't know how many watch 101 for the chats every month but for example lets say 1000. Probaly only 50 of those read SatGuys to know this change has hapened. So that is what 1/2 in 10 People that watch. So the other 950 tune to 101 on the 14th see nothing and give up so only 50 are watching on the 21st. Yeah the ones that said the good questions wont be aired are right.......they wont air good questions, thats why people should call in give a lame question to hopefully get on the air, and then when they are on ask the real (different question) like NBR and so on.....just my 2 cents worth "

-Golfnsoon

A lot more then 50 SatelliteGuys members watch the chats. :)

Our December Chat had over 500 people in our online chat that night and most were watching the chat.

Also in the past because of the treats of having Satelliteguys members calling and bitching about Dish Network problems they didn't take any calls that night blaming telephone problems. :)

We have the power. :D

scott, i know the chat is on channel 101. i no longer have dish, but still have a receiver and dish setup. is this channel one of those that come through unscrambled without a subscribtion?

I plan on watching it just to see what they have to say when it comes to us not having NBR. I'm getting interested in OTA HDTV now that we are looking to get an HD tv with a tuner really soon. There just isn't much reason to keep Dish with the free cable we're supposed to have at our new rental. I've scouted a new dish location just in case the cable isn't up to par though. It's Adelphia out of New Phili and we should know something in about a week once we get all moved in. If it's even compairable I may just toss the dish and try the OTA HD with a TiVo or something.

korsjs said:
scott, i know the chat is on channel 101. i no longer have dish, but still have a receiver and dish setup. is this channel one of those that come through unscrambled without a subscribtion?

yes

Hey Scott yeah I know more than 50 people watch the chats on 101 that also are one Satguys, I was just using an example, there could be 10,000 watching and only 500 that are on Satguys, us see the ratio I am comeing up with. You know how it works that say 10 in 100 people do what ever fill-in the blank, when they only interview 10 and only 1 do it. That is all I was saying. Thanks for a great website I check it daily for new updates to try and stay up on new things and changes.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)