SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 13, 2004
Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
Panasonic
Software Version 05.0D
Model # TZ-DBS01B

Ok, I bought two of these receivers about three years ago, one year later I signed up for Dish Network and gave these two receivers to my mom along with the Phase 3 dish so that she could have locals from Directv. Anyways she only hooked one of them up (she only has one TV) and everything went fine for about a year and a half then all of a sudden she'd be watching something and she'd go to use the EPG and it would say "To Be Announced" but the picture in the corner of the EPG would still show what she had been watching and it would still have sound, but as soon as she'd cancel out of the EPG the sound would go blank. The only way to fix is to pull the plug for thirty seconds, plug back in and wait for the receiver to download information. Anyways, this went on for a while, so we went ahead and swapped this receiver for the other one that had been up in the closet. About two after switching receivers the second receiver started doing this too. Now it can be two or three weeks before it does this, but when it does it, it will do it two or three days in a roll, then go anywhere from a one to three weeks before it does it again.

The phase III dish only has LNBFs for 101 and 119, no LNBF for 110, anyways signal strength is in the 80's and 90's for the exception of a few transponders that are lower. And even when this happens the signal strength is fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts