Tech questions about the 2.4M Geosatpro dish

Status
Please reply by conversation.

dashaund

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2006
Travelers Rest, SC
I had a quick question about the dish that SatelliteAV is graciously giving away to us members. Can this dish be motorized, just like a regular mesh dish, or is it stationary only? I noticed it uses a polar mount, just wondering if it was stationary only or if I could move it around. If so, what else would I need to purchase (not familiar with C-band setups)?

The GEOSATpro 1.2M is a polar mount type dish meaning that an actuator - jack arm type motor is used to move the dish. The Dish could also be fixed by fabricating a locking bar.

The recommended jack arm length is 24 or 36" and operates on 24 - 36Vdc. If the actuator will be used with a DVBs receiver, plan on purchasing a VBOX II or equiv. to translate the DiSEqC 1.2 commands and interface with the motor.

Last edited:
Have you guys tested the 2.4 meter with 4dtv? if they work good maybe a combo package would be a nice thing to sell :)

From what I've read, the metal dishes like this one, work as good or better than some of the larger size mesh dishes. For example, this is an 8ft dish, so performance is comparable with a 10ft mesh dish. And 4DTV requires an 8ft or bigger mesh dish. So based on my readings, this dish would work great for 4DTV.

I would diagree with that, yes the Ku-band will be better than a mesh dish, though unless the 10' mesh is warped the fact that the dish is larger means it will get more signal, now if you compair a 8' mesh with the 8' solid the better choice will be the solid.

I think at c-band frequencies the difference is very minimal solid vs mesh.

Like the above post states, the accuracy of the reflector seems to be the big performance factor.

The more perfectly round and curved parabola, means a higher efficiency of reflection of collected signals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts