Technical Question on the AT-9

Status
Please reply by conversation.

loudo

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 27, 2004
Now im not even sure this is possible, but i was wondering if there is any way to test the LNB's on the AT-9 dish (or have them tested) without going through the whole procedure of setting everything up.

Im not planning to Install the dish for a month or two until it warms up outside and the foot of snow melts in my backyard.

The reason i ask this question is, i got the AT-9 off ebay pretty darn cheap, and i can tell its been used, and i was wondering why in the hell this dish would have been installed and then taken down in such a short period of time.
And the only thing i can think of is a bad LNB!

So if anyone could tell me if this is possible, or why a dish would go up and down so quickly, without there being a defect, i would really appreciate it!!

If you can find someone with a spectrum analyzer you can watch the noise floor change when you point the LNB to the sky and then at the ground. The difference is greater when the dish and LNB are together but you will see a small change with just the LNBs. The noise will be higher pointed at the ground. This is not a comprehensive test but it will give an idea if something is dead.
Rick

I have been told that there are 2 pieces of plastic thet are VERY easy to break during install. They break so often that the installers here bring 2 AT9s for each install. I would be very careful of this, I am sorry but I did not inquire more into what the exact pieces are.

BE CAREFUL. Why buy one when D* is giving them away?

Eric Goempel said:
I have been told that there are 2 pieces of plastic thet are VERY easy to break during install. They break so often that the installers here bring 2 AT9s for each install. I would be very careful of this, I am sorry but I did not inquire more into what the exact pieces are.

BE CAREFUL. Why buy one when D* is giving them away?
They are pins in the elevation adjustment and the dither adjustment knobs.:)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts