Technical Support Called Me to Come For Free

buzzard72

Original poster
Jun 14, 2012
Florida
I received a call from technical support saying they noticed that I am having some signal problems. They asked me if I wanted a tech to come out for free to check things out and fix anything. I said yes (I have been noticing some signal issues). I have been a customer for over 7 years and I have not seen anything like this before. Is this something new? Is there a catch? It is legit since I got a confirmation email and call from DISH confirming my appointment.

I received a call from technical support saying they noticed that I am having some signal problems. They asked me if I wanted a tech to come out for free to check things out and fix anything. I said yes (I have been noticing some signal issues). I have been a customer for over 7 years and I have not seen anything like this before. Is this something new? Is there a catch? It is legit since I got a confirmation email and call from DISH confirming my appointment.

We have been doing this for as long as I have worked here, 5 years next month. Your receiver can let us know if you are having signal issues, as long as it is connected to a phone line or the internet.

?
That's great, really pleased to hear that. I guess I've had more severe problems in the past and never got a call before so I was pleasantly surprised.

Another often overlooked Kudos for Dish. But, maybe D* does the same??

They called me too about two weeks ago because our Joeys kept losing connection. Glad they came out and got it all fixed.

Sent from my phone using SatelliteGuys

They offered me a free tech to T/s my joey, and I am a tech. I took it because I was having bridging issues, but also to support him by buying a surge protector.

STB Health - its good and bad at the same time. I've seen it dial out during a storm and we roll out for nothing but hey its still paying us for it. Phone lines are meh, its all about IP or internet Broadband now but issue is most people don't have internet even though Dish is pushing newer VIP's and Hoppers onto people that don't need them or want them. People will ask why are you connecting it to their internet but this is the main reason to keep tabs on it for you be it the satellite signals from the Dish or even the health of the receiver if its going bad.

They did that for me when one of my trees was overtaking my dish. They came out and moved it for free. Thanks Dish!

When I got my new Hopper and Joey the tech said that his orders said to change out my dishes. According to Dish, I was experiencing weak signal problems. I had one dish for 110/119 and one for 129. He removed both and put up a new oval shaped dish with three receiver pods. Now my signals are much better.

There was no charge for this antenna change either!

Larry
SF

They are trying to be pro-active about things. Many customers will switch providers thinking the service is bad when in fact it is something at their home such as weak signal or failing hardware that can be prevented.

STB Health - its good and bad at the same time. I've seen it dial out during a storm and we roll out for nothing but hey its still paying us for it. Phone lines are meh, its all about IP or internet Broadband now but issue is most people don't have internet even though Dish is pushing newer VIP's and Hoppers onto people that don't need them or want them. People will ask why are you connecting it to their internet but this is the main reason to keep tabs on it for you be it the satellite signals from the Dish or even the health of the receiver if its going bad.

Phone line connectivity doesn't even count anymore, so we don't hook them up unless it's right behind the receiver or requested by cust. On all the jobs set up with DishNet Wireline coming a week later, it's just so much fun saying, "hey, call me up in a week once your internet is connected and I'll try to walk you through connecting the receiver to it."

Phone line connectivity doesn't even count anymore, so we don't hook them up unless it's right behind the receiver or requested by cust. On all the jobs set up with DishNet Wireline coming a week later, it's just so much fun saying, "hey, call me up in a week once your internet is connected and I'll try to walk you through connecting the receiver to it."

Right, doesn't count however it will still send back STB Health status if it is connected. Requirement is all about IP though so no need to really target phone lines unless its already there to connect.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts