Techsat Tracker II LNB DBS

Status
Please reply by conversation.

funkypc

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 29, 2008
North America
So I was fooling around with my Coolsat yesterday, and I was doing a blind scan on H2 - 74W and I ended up picking a few encrypted channels from 72.7W - Echo 6. I was scanning frequencies above 12200.

So I went over to 119 to see if I could get NASA. I couldnt, but I picked up 4 transponders. 12237, 12267, 12295, 12325, of course, channels all Nagra encrypted. I understand that a universal will pickup DBS sats, but this is a Standard LNB. ie, these channels come in 22khz on or off - makes no difference, H or V, makes no difference, and i still pick up all the ku sats below 12200.
So I went over to 110, just to see what transponders I pick up there with the Techsat Tracker II Standard LNB. I picked up 12485 and 12587.

Now I thought this was pretty weird, but maybe it is not. All these transponders come in blazing, but the other DBS transponders on these satellites are not even a blip the radar.

Is this normal for a Standard LNB?

Yes, I have had the same experience with different standard lnbs, can't really explain it though.
I think if you change the LO freq in your satellite setup, you may pick up even more freq that are normally 'out of range' like that.

TRY Sat 121.0 west , just the other day I locked NASA with a standard linear LNB , before the best I could do was GOL TV but that finally went dark , but NASA I can get now without needing a circular pol Lnb.

Most standard Linear Standard LNBFs can cover the range above 12.2GHz. Most receivers cover an IF range from 950 -2150MHz. Subtract the LO frequency from the TP frequency to determine if the IF frequency falls within the range of your receiver's IF range.

There will be a 3dB loss when tuning a circular polarized signal with a linear LNBF, so the larger, more efficient the reflector, the more sensitive the tuner, the better your chance of receiving a circular signal with a linear LNBF.

Cool
If that's the case, a Universal LNB may not be needed for those few sats over the Atlantic.

I could not get Nasa on 121. What TP is it on?

NASA is still on 119 I believe. Our Chicago friend must've been really close to 119 and thought he was on 121. Only thing unscrambled I found on 121 was that You Have a dish pointed at 121 screen.

I have tied a starchoice dish with the oem linear lnb ( and I added a dielectric plate) on 118.7-119. I could pick up all the transponders on 118.7, and on 119 it would only get to the one below Nasa was on. This was by setting the LO to an OCS frequency in order to get 2150MHz of bandworth. With this lnb set to 10750 (it's proper LO) I could only get the transponders on the 118.7 sat. All the channels would scan in but all were encrypted.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts