Ted Williams' Frozen Head Abused in Lab!

HD MM

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Nov 2, 2006
Believeland, Ohio
NEW YORK -- The New York Daily News is reporting that Red Sox Hall of Famer Ted Williams' severed head was mistreated at an Arizona cryonics facility, according to details from a new book.

In "Frozen," Larry Johnson, a former executive at the Alcor Life Extension Foundation in Scottsdale, Ariz., writes that Williams' head, which had been severed and frozen for storage, was abused at the facility. Johnson claims a technician took baseball-like swings at Williams' frozen head with a monkey wrench.

WTF?!!! This story just gets more and more strange each year that goes by. :eek:

[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/boston/mlb/news/story?id=4524957"]Ted Williams' head mistreated in lab, according to new book - ESPN Boston[/ame]

Fredrick: Would you mind telling me whose brain I did put in?
Igor: And you won't be angry?
Fredrick: I will *not* be angry!
Igor: Teddy Someone.
Fredrick: Teddy Someone. Teddy Who?
Igor: Teddy Ballgame.
Fredrick: Teddy Ballgame?
Igor: I'm almost sure that was the name.

Fredrick: Would you mind telling me whose brain I did put in?
Igor: And you won't be angry?
Fredrick: I will *not* be angry!
Igor: Teddy Someone.
Fredrick: Teddy Someone. Teddy Who?
Igor: Teddy Ballgame.
Fredrick: Teddy Ballgame?
Igor: I'm almost sure that was the name.

ROFLMAO! :D

MartyFeldmanIgor.jpg

We did some work with Ted at Nick Studios back in 1992 or so. One of the nicest guys I ever met. I don't believe this story by the way. I believe the family said he wasn't frozen. Who knows.

We did some work with Ted at Nick Studios back in 1992 or so. One of the nicest guys I ever met. I don't believe this story by the way. I believe the family said he wasn't frozen. Who knows.
There was a dispute about that when he died. According to the HBO documentary on him, his body was frozen. I never heard about them removing the head and all that. Too bad all this comes up. Williams should be recognized for what he did in baseball than what happened after he died. :(

Exactly what is the purpose of freezing just the head? Do they look for a guy who is wandering around with no head? I admit that would be a classic win win scenario but I don't see it happening.

I read the book on Williams and his son. The story the book had was that the son, who never worked, was some kind of nut, and had Williams just sign autographs all day. He came up with the idea of getting Ted frozen so he could, at some point in the future, perhaps sell DNA from him to the cloning industry, which he thought would exist at some point in the future. He typed Williams will on a paper that had been a simple autograph. It only cost him a few thousand to freeze Williams, which he viewed as an investment.

Unfortunatly for him, the younger Williams died of cancer just a year after the father.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)