Tek2000, going out of business?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
It really sucks to have bought ANOTHER new dish where the vendor went out of business. I guess I'm going to follow the next time my dish gets hammered by hail. There's always commercial grade but I doubt my insurance would pay enough of the cost.

1613225101046.png

Hi all,

Sorry to read that Tek2000 is going out of business....another victim of this pandemic.
Although my dish was very well packed and protected, I had VERY minor cosmetic damage to the edge of one of my panels due the mishandling of my shipment from Canada to the US border, by Purolator. UPS was more careful and nothing further happened.
As I’ve stated before, I’m very pleased with the operation of this dish and its ability to withstand the harsh winter’s (55 - 65 mph winds) here on the Cape.
My only complaint was the crappy assembly instructions that came with this dish.
I figure that if any panels get damaged in the future, I’ll see what a body shop will charge to repair.

John

Been very happy with my dish as Tek was basically the only source for a residential grade antenna new in the box. Very glad I bought it and it’s held up well to harsh Michigan winters.

Just take Tek’s experience and multiply that by tens of thousands of businesses around the country. Americans and Canadians are not used to empty shelves and long waits for items but it’s coming.

Source what you need ahead of time as this is the proverbial tip of the iceberg and things will never be cheaper than they are now.

It has already happened. I ordered a new couch oct 9 and the furniture dealer told me that there is a 90 day wait for delivery. past 4 months now and no couch. Now he tells me that If I cancelled the order that the company is calling for 6 month delivery date on any new orders. Was looking for a quality 33" wide refrigator and all I could find is an LG that has a class action lawsuit because of bad compressors. My refrigiator I have now works but I had to use bungie straps to keep the frezzer door closed tight. Solved the problem by putting a magnet on the door and it works well. So now I started to look for a bosch dishwasher and they are scarce as hens teeth even though they are suposed to be made in North Carolina.

That lawsuit is for LG chill boxes made years ago. Current ones are MUCH better. I have one and love it. Avoid Samsung right now. Our Bosch DW is great! Worth waiting for, if you can.

Hi all,

Sorry to read that Tek2000 is going out of business....another victim of this pandemic.
Although my dish was very well packed and protected, I had VERY minor cosmetic damage to the edge of one of my panels due the mishandling of my shipment from Canada to the US border, by Purolator. UPS was more careful and nothing further happened.
As I’ve stated before, I’m very pleased with the operation of this dish and its ability to withstand the harsh winter’s (55 - 65 mph winds) here on the Cape.
My only complaint was the crappy assembly instructions that came with this dish.
I figure that if any panels get damaged in the future, I’ll see what a body shop will charge to repair.

John
My guess is that it won't be cheap. I looked into having a local shop to make a complete set of replacement panels for my 12 foot KTI and 12 foot Paraclipse. The cost was outrageous. The estimate was a minimum of $1000 for each antenna. Obviously the mesh for the 2 antennas were cut differently. So I replaced the more badly damaged Paraclipse with a TEK2000 dish. The KTI doesn't perform as well as the TEK but it is still usable. Anyway, it'll be cheaper to repair the mesh or entire panel assembly than to buy a commercial grade dish. Maybe someone will pickup the ball and offer consumer grade dishes in the future.

johnnynobody,

I have a solid dish and figure a local body shop...especially one I’ve done business with...could assist affordably, should I get a signal reducing dent. It would be cheaper and more time saving than trying to source a replacement.

John

Larry1,

Depending on how bad the damage is, I would think the repair could only improve a damaged weakened signal.

John

Several years ago (long before the pandemic), I contacted Tek2000 to ask if I could physically pick up a 1.2m dish at their Toronto location. They said no. I understand this as a routine policy, but I was surprised when they said no to a specific request from a customer with cash in hand in this niche business. So I went to the other side of town and picked up a new dish on the same day.

With all the horror stories about shipping, it seems physically picking up a new dish is the way to go if possible. You could wrap a pick-up trip around a vacation trip after the world medical emergency has ended.

Reactions: FTA4PA and k.r.
Several years ago (long before the pandemic), I contacted Tek2000 to ask if I could physically pick up a 1.2m dish at their Toronto location. They said no. I understand this as a routine policy, but I was surprised when they said no to a specific request from a customer with cash in hand in this niche business. So I went to the other side of town and picked up a new dish on the same day.

With all the horror stories about shipping, it seems physically picking up a new dish is the way to go if possible. You could wrap a pick-up trip around a vacation trip after the world medical emergency has ended.
He probably never stocked them, and they were all drop-shipped from another location.

If he had said that, I would have understood. I was only looking for a 1.2m dish. Maybe he was just guilty of poor communication. Dr. Sat got my business. He went above & beyond for me.

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 4)