Tek2000 Mesh Satellite Pics (Fake Pics ?!)

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good thing they are "All Weather Operation!". I'd hate to see them if they weren't, lol.

So they are in fact China built dishes. Well, everything has a price and value to somebody. If these serve a function and price that's acceptable to a certain market, more power to them. Glad to see somebody at least trying to sell a c-band dish.

Rooney, if you do come back:

Check the sticky at the top of the C-band page about Glentech. People here have been burned before and just don't want to be burned again. We WANT an inexpensive, yet decent quality dish. We just want openness and honesty after the problems that have come up over the years (clone boxes, Glen, etc). One person questioned the use of the clone tool on the bottom of the mount in pic #3, and you cry conspiracy theory. People just want to be sure of what they're getting before spending hundreds of dollars. It's not a conspiracy, and I'm sorry if it feels like people are piling on. To me it seems like an overabundance of caution.

If you want conspiracies head to the PIT.

http://www.tek2000.com/cgi-bin/web.... C/Ku-Band Prime Focus Mesh Satellite Dish-ND

http://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/All-weather-operation-aluminum-mesh-anenna_1612086508.html

First photo is stock right off of Alibaba. :)

He probably found a seller that would help him find space on a container for a few of each size. Now he is waiting for the next boat to arrive. :p

You know, I wouldn't have a problem at all with a China made dish and if this is legit we've all pretty much come to the conclusion that it has to be made in China or the dollar price doesn't work. I've commiserated on several threads in the past that I would love for someone to pony up the money and get a container of C-Band dishes for sale on this side of the pond if someone would only do it and if the quality was half way decent. Just come out and be honest about it that the dishes are imported and that the OP is working on decent documentation for install and pictures. The fact that apparently at least one member who has been here awhile has obtained one of these dishes is somewhat encouraging.

I imagine that once the authenticity of the offer is better confirmed and that more people receive them and take pictures of them that he'll be able to sell a decent amount of dishes. IF the owner of Tek2000 is reading this just be honest and upfront about it as far as where your getting the dishes from, ect. It won't scare me away if the quality is half way decent. I'll end up buying one from you later this spring. It's just that nobody could build and sell a domestically made antenna for what the website is selling them for so that is why folks are wary that it's a scam of some sort. Knowing up from the dish is from China actually gives more credence to the claims and sales because then it does make sense. We just want to know what we would be getting and that we would actually get it and this will just take a bit of time. With a few verifiable and positive reviews here the OP would see a lot of sales I'm sure. This would be something that many of us have hoped a long time for.

One of responsibilities I feel I have as owner of SatelliteGuys is to protect our members from scams and fraud. We have no sponsors here, the only people that I am here to protect are my members.

Sometimes it might make me look like a prick and I am ok with that. It may be that I am a prick at times that we are the most trusted satellite site in North America, and it may be the reason why we are also the largest. I also know when I go into prick mode it turns some people off as well, but in the end I am just looking out for the best interests of my members.

If you have been following SatelliteGuys for awhile you will know my gut feelings are normally correct. In fact I don't think my feelings have ever been wrong. I don't have a problem expressing my feeling of why I think something is rotten in Denmark.

Now on to Mr. Rooney, his credibility is ZERO. It seems to me his sole purpose here is to promote this dish. Besides the pooly doctored photos he posted. (I haven't seen poor photos like that since the 80's.) he fails to address the fact he is using an anonymous proxy service to access SatelliteGuys, and the fact that his email address is a burner email address, which is a disposable one time use email address just so he could register here. And the fact that 80% of his posts are about this dish... well it all sounds fishy to me and I hope it does you as well.

Now lets even take a look at some of the statement that have come out of Tek2000, I recall reading one that they are making these dishes in Canada. Yet thanks to some detective work it appears the dish is made is China and can be purchased from the maker for as low as $50 per dish if you buy in lots of 500. At $50 a dish I can only wonder what the quality truly is. We had another member post what appear to be real pictures of a Tek2000 dish which he acquired, quickly looking over them I was both excited and concerned at the same time. Granted when I looked at them it was before 6am. I was excited because it appeared to be real yet concerned because in my quick look I saw a few issues with that dish that had me concerned... although I must admit for the price it may be overreaction. I would love for those who are experts in mesh C Band dish's take a good look at the pics and see if you find anything that concerns you about it. I am not going to post what I saw in my quick glance early this morning so if one of the experts posts something and it matches what I thought I saw then I know I am not crazy.

As I said before I want this to be real... The site is SatelliteGuys. I want to tell my members looking for a new C Band dish then go here! But I can only do that when I feel comfortable in doing that With everything posted above you can see why I can only recommend to my users at the moment to hold on to your money. That is my duty to my members. Trust is earned, and over the past 10+ years of SatelliteGuys I believe i have earned that trust from a majority of my members.

Reactions: Dee_Ann
Regarding those "fake/genuine" pictures....am amazed there is no snow in certain parts of NY since we're currently experiencing one of the harshest winters in North American history.... (insert sarcasm)

Regarding those "fake/genuine" pictures....am amazed there is no snow in certain parts of NY since we're currently experiencing one of the harshest winters in North American history.... (insert sarcasm)

Maybe they were bored and shoveled all the roofs. :D

Although here in CT the snow has been melting good the past few days.

One of responsibilities I feel I have as owner of SatelliteGuys is to protect our members from scams and fraud. We have no sponsors here, the only people that I am here to protect are my members.

The best thing this guy could do [assuming that he is even reading the forum] is to get with you and send an antenna to a trusted member with a lot of experience on the C-Band side of the hobby for an unbiased review. Knowing ahead of time that it's an economy dish wouldn't scare me away but to have somebody we know and trust get delivery, do an install taking a lot of pictures and then comparing the sensitivity of this dish compared to an older existing mesh dish would tell us a lot. I think this fellow would probably get a lot of orders from the people here. For many an economy dish is all they would be able to afford or want and for others who want another dish for perhaps stationary use or to have another option, ect. The decline of available dishes that are over 20 years old already are only going to get worse so this is a very nice niche for someone who has a source to get dishes from China even if he only buys a few dozen at a time. I know that I would be very interested myself if I knew for sure exactly what I was getting in advance. Most of the time if something sounds too good to be true then it is a scam. No free lunch you know [unless your an illegal but that is a different story LOL] but I could see how someone that wanted to pony the money up front might be able to do a nice little business as about the only source on this side of the ocean for reasonably priced new C-band dishes.

Mesh vs. solid makes little difference on wind rating. At somewhere around 50-60 mph the mesh dish appears "solid" to moving air.
Yep. Those old school mesh dishes were built fairly robustly, and yet at least one maker recommended a size larger than required to take into account reduced efficiency as the dish ages. Something additional to consider with flimsy build quality.

Well whoever is selling them is not selling a lot of them as they are mailing them from an Envoy Business Service shop in Scarborough (Toronto) it is like a FedEx Kinkos or UPS store here in the states. I can't imagine carting a 150 pound dish over to a shipping place especially if they are moving a quantity of them.

In the same plaza there is an electronics store called Delta Electronics. From what I can tell I do not think that they are Tek2000, while they do home theater they do not seem to do any satellite stuff. http://www.deltaelectronicson.net/ Although I am not able to look up information on the domain as they have the whois information blocked. http://whois.domaintools.com/deltaelectronicson.net.

There seems to be a John Simpson who works for or is Tek2000. I am currently investigating this as there are a number of John Simpson's in the area. John does seem to have a cell phone from Bell Mobility I do have his number of 416-655-XXXX with no answer upon calling.

This just keeps getting stranger and stranger.

Attachments

• tek2000-1.jpg
    tek2000-1.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 299
  • tek2000-2.jpg
    tek2000-2.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 296
FTA4PA, Thanks for posting the photos. I have a recent sample of a Chinese manufactured product that is curiously similar.

Any printing on the cartons? Imported products usually have ship marks printed on the shipping cartons. Since this was shipped from Canada, do you still have the customs documents? Import/Export documents for customs clearance must list the country of manufacture.

There are many levels of product quality on the Chinese dishes. A four panel, eight foot dish of this design is basic. A buyer may build a better product in many ways. Increase panel count, increase number and thickness of support rings, increase number and thickness of ribs, increase aluminum panel gauge, mount configurations, etc. Even if this dish is from China, members should be aware that not all dishes are created equal or sell for a similar price.

The dishes that I have been testing cannot even be landed for the retail cost of these units. Obviously, there are some differences! :eek:

Last edited:
Googlin' "Tek2000 satellite" and this thread is the #3 hit.
If I was the owner, I'd be all "wtf" over this and have Satguys on speed dial to clarify everything.
Kinda odd it still radio silence from their end.

Titanium,

You're welcome! The large box that had the panels in is blank cardboard with no markings of any kind. The smaller box with the ring and other hardware has MARCELO VILLACIS SALGADO on the front and back, BF-KP605 REFLECTORS 10PCS/CTN on the side. Appears the small box is reused. On the import/export form the country of manufacture is listed as Canada. Here are a few pics of the boxes:

100_1207.JPG100_1208.JPG100_1209.JPG

Titanium,

You're welcome! The large box that had the panels in is blank cardboard with no markings of any kind. The smaller box with the ring and other hardware has MARCELO VILLACIS SALGADO on the front and back, BF-KP605 REFLECTORS 10PCS/CTN on the side. Appears the small box is reused. On the import/export form the country of manufacture is listed as Canada. Here are a few pics of the boxes:

View attachment 96324View attachment 96325View attachment 96326

http://www.importgenius.com/ecuador/importers/francisco-marcelo-villacis-salgado
Francisco Marcelo Villacis Salgado is an importer in Ecuador that imports products from Hua Gang Electronics Co.ltd in Yantian

As for the dish model numbers, all I can get are hits for KU dishes with that exact number.

Titanium,

View attachment 96324View attachment 96325View attachment 96326

BINGO, found the manufacturer of these dishes thanks to your pics along with a little Google-fu! :cool:

http://www.importgenius.com/ecuador/suppliers/renqiu-beifang-electronic-communication-co-ltd
shows that Renqiu Beifang Electronic Communication Co Ltd. exported to FRANCISCO MARCELO VILLACIS SALGADO from Equador via the Xingang sea port in China on 2012-07-27 so there seems to be some sort of Ecuadorian connection with this.

And Renqiu Beifang Electronic Communication Co Ltd's website at http://www.bfdztx.com/e_products/?big_id=3 shows the c-band mesh dishes he is selling!

They also recently created a website a few days ago tied to their 2nd ebay id, satellites-gallore at http://www.satellites-gallore.com

FYI, we just added Tek2000 as an unauthorised AzBox Canada retailer at http://unauthorised.azbox.ca as they chose to ignore our Cease and desist order that was emailed to them back in February.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.