Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Alexander Weise the Publisher of TELE-satellite magazine is flying to Connecticut tomorrow from Germany to interview me about SatelliteGuys.US. (I dont know why he didn't just stay home and call me) :D

Anyways I am looking for some stuff to tell Alex about you guys for his story. Let me know how SatelliteGuys helps you with this amazing hobby.

I will forward your comments to him and he may use them in his magazine.

I am nervous!

(While he is in Connecticut I will be taking Alex for a tour of ESPN's world Headquarters in Bristol, CT! (although I dont think they are going to let him take pictures inside, as security is very tight there!)

Alexander Weise the Publisher of TELE-satellite magazine is flying to Connecticut tomorrow from Germany to interview me about SatelliteGuys.US. (I dont know why he didn't just stay home and call me) :D
He probably does not have Skype and the long distance call would cost him too much.:)
Plain and simple: You have a problem, you get an answer here!
Enjoy the interview.:eek:

He does have Skype as I have talked to him before via Skype. :)

He wants pictures I guess... hope he has a wide angle lense. :D

He wants pictures I guess... hope he has a wide angle lense. :D
The forum is full of the finest pictures around! ;)
It's a rare educational resource.

Just the other day, someone pulled up a thread from 2009, discussing the various AJAK motorized mounts.

Someone else asked about receiving two Ku birds flying 2° apart.
We posted up links to old discussions where this had been approached from several angles. (no pun intended)

When the talk turns to Ku satellites close to the horizon, we've got pictures of inverted dishes.
No need for new ones; that was discussed here years ago. :up

When we're dealing with 30 year old technology, odds are, we already have pictures and discussion.
The bigger problem, is just finding what we got! :)

I find a forum like this to be the best resource for FTA. I've used it to read receiver reviews and pick my receiver. It's also useful for diagnosing any problems with my system or finding new channels that I didn't know about.

When I first got started with a KU system a few years back, I found everything I needed on this forum. I got it up and running in a short time just by reading, reading some more and rereading every applicable post that I could find on here. Never had to ask a question, it was all here. Some very knowledgeable members here. What a great forum!

This is the best forum with the most accurate answers. Try a Google search for just about any technical FTA satellite question, and the results will lead you here. That's how I found Satelliteguys.us.

You get good unbiased facts, and the moderators keep the B.S. in check.

I have learned a lot here, mostly from searching and reading older threads.

Without FTA satellite channels, we would have 6 PBS and 1 CBS channel. With FTA, including C-band, we get most of the major USA networks plus a lot of other good stuff. Plenty of TV for our needs, and no monthly subscription fee.

Scott:
I've been helped greatly through the Forums here. From when I got started about 3 years ago to now..I probably have asked many of the same questions more than once when I have an issue with my setup, yet everybody remains patient with mne pretty much. I did use the search the other day and foud out how to use Component setup (red, green blue cables) with regular RCA audio cables...Did not know how to hook them up correctly. From looking at a post from 2009, I finally figured it out..The attention is well deserved..Looking forward to hearing how the interview goes..

Neighbors and family may say four satellite dishes in your yard is too many but the fine folks here at SatelliteGuys let me know it's just a small dish farm. :) The one thing about this site that should be mentioned is that new people to satellite TV are always welcome here. I rarely see anyone get upset about answering questions that have been asked many times before. Many longtime members go above and beyond in helping new members figure out their equipment problems.

Scott maybe Mr. Weise should take some pictures of your dish farm at home to show that you are into FTA just like us.

I agree with Bob... In addition to being the finest satellite technology resource on the net, SatelliteGuys works well because of the helpfulness and friendliness of its members. We're like an extended family; A worldwide brotherhood of hobbyists who enjoy satellite technology, and feed off of each others ideas and experiences.

Tell him this;
Since coming here and setting up my FTA system, i have no fights with the wife cause i never talk to her as i am always working on my hobby and searching the forum for information (not now honey, i am on to something here!)...I dont get into trouble as i have no available time to get in trouble , it would cut into my FTA dish hunting or setup time.
I now substitute 10 footers for 10 pointers and can spot one hiding 200 yards off the road no matter what the clever disguise it has.
I am reasonably sure all this is a good thing.
Long Live SatelliteGuys and Long live FTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SatelliteGuys is a community that provides for it's members. Almost anything you could think of. But mostly home media technologies and related issues. There are several unique features on this site. The FTA forum is the only place I've found where you can learn about FTA and not hacking. I don't like hanging with thieves, they are an unruly bunch. The people here are amazing!
The Pub area where we discuss any problems we want to. Where else can you get help fixing your car and your refrigerator or get advice on raising kids. This kind of forum is only possible with great people, and Scott gathers the best.
The learning that is done here fills a need to grow and develop that most people share their whole life. This place is a whole lot more than watching TV. To really understand the atmospere here, you must spend time here. A short interview really doesn't capture the full essence of this unique site. Satelliteguys is

AUSGEZEICHNET !!

Last edited:
As a former shortwave radio DX'er I was always curious about the world of FTA.. It's because of this site that my itch was scratched. Now I wish that my urban abode would allow for a small dish farm. :(

Someday perhaps.

When I was growing up, I was always interested in radio and television. I wanted to always increase the channels I could get, but since I purchased my first home two years ago, I am finally able to really enjoy my hobby. I never really knew that FTA was even a possibility until I researched it. It just seems like here in the USA, FTA is a big secret. No one really knows about it. Everyone I talk to is surprised when I show them the channels I can receive like the weird foreign stuff. My neighbors think I'm weird, but they don't even know what my dish is capable of.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts