Status
Not open for further replies.

motorcycle_rider

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
May 8, 2004
Northeast Michigan
About once a month I recieve a call from different E* retailers trying to offer me service for Dish Network. As I have Dish already I really find a funny when they start there speal of how they can save me money for my TV veiwing. Once they find out I have E* already they are sorta taken back when I ask If they are still willing to reduce my bill. Obviously they can't but they stammer a bit when I ask them.

The most annoying call is from the VFW. My wife and I reqularly make a donation to them every year at the local chapter. Hers is about 6 months seperate from me. Any ways they have also started calling every month. Last time they called (national) I finally told them that is against out policy to make donations to organizations who block there information for caller ID. I can tell the guy did not know what to say as he stammered for an excuse. We still make our donation but the calls are getting annoying.

BTW please do not mention the DO NOT CALL LIST as it is useless in these situation. I do bussiness with E* and since retailers are associated they may call for up to 2 years after I stop doing bussiness with E* wich well obviously I am still a subscriber. Most of the retailers once I tell them I am a customer they remove me from there call list.

The donation calls well are exempt from the LIST as are political calls wich actually both are the main calls I would want blocked If I used the DO NOT CALL LIST.

I have other stories of things I have done to different telemarketers such as.

I have repeatedly kept saying hello over again untill they hung up on me.
Using caller ID I triggered my fax machine to answer unknown calls.
Put them on hold.... One person stayed on hold for about 1/2 hr.

Now if the calls have a listing under the caller ID I will speak with these people an be nice to them regardless of me wanting to do bussiness with them or not.

Any ways what have you done with unwanted callers in the past???

A couple of times, I have walked over to the radio and asked caller to please hold and turn up the radio and set phone by it and walked outside for 30 mins to an hour. When I returned, they were gone and the phone was beeping. Another time after seeing the caller ID was a frequent pest, I picked up the phone and started punching keys for a min or so, then hung up. Usually, I just say Hello, then Goodbye, and hang up.

Al

When unwanted telemarketers (all of them) call me, I ask them in an exaggerated, sexy voice, "So, what are you wearing?", then I breathe realy heavy...that usually does it.

damaged said:
When unwanted telemarketers (all of them) call me, I ask them in an exaggerated, sexy voice, "So, what are you wearing?", then I breathe realy heavy...that usually does it.

Ok that qualifies as the funniest post I have ever read on any forum. I would almost want to see the expression of their face when you did that. :up

AT&T called so much I finally got rid of them. sent them a registered letter call again I sue. Made up name of lawyer, and sent it along on their letterhead

easiet way is screen your calls 99% of telemarketrs hang up when my anmswering machine picks up

i have found "call intercept" works very good for those telemarketers that do not list their caller id info. it costs us 3.00 bucks a month and is well worth it. we have not had one telemarketer in many many months. for those who don't know what call intercept is - if someone calls you without caller id info, it goes to a recording asking them to say who they are. if they do not, they are disconnected. if they choose to give the info, a special ring will ring on your phone. you also get a four digit code to allow family members to bypass the info if they don't display their caller id info.

motorcycle_rider said:
Ok that qualifies as the funniest post I have ever read on any forum. I would almost want to see the expression of their face when you did that. :up

heh glad you liked it...

Sometimes I'll get a telemarketer who'll actually reply to the question, usually something like, "I'm wearing a sweater and bugle boy pants...why?" (to which I'll improvise), and once, one even tried to turn the tables on me by doing the same back to me, when he did that, I immediately came back with an angry voice and said, "wtf kind of sicko are you, that was my 10 year old son you just said that to, you damn pervert, I'm calling the police!" (then he hung up real quick).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)