Telephone connection required with SkyAngel?

hillsmi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Michigan
Dish Network requires each receiver to be connected to a telephone line for PPV, etc., otherwise they charge a fee.

Since SkyAngel does not provide PPV, does SkyAngel require that the receivers be connected to a telephone line, and if not, do they charge the extra fee that Dish Network does? I do not see in the SkyAngel customer agreement that a receiver telephone connection is required, and if not, there would be an extra fee.

With multiple receiver setups through Dish Network, is it required that each individual receiver be connected to a phone line, or can just one receiver in the house associated with the residential account be enough?

Any SkyAngel customers who can answer, it would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Robert

Last edited:
The only receivers that incur any type of "phone line not connected" fee are the dual-output ones - 322, 522, 625, 942, ViP622.

These will give you an occasional popup about the fee but it's a Dish Network fee, not a SkyAngel fee. If you have one of these receivers and you're a SkyAngel only customer I seriously doubt you would ever get charged anything. But it would be best to contact SA and ask them.

My skyangel receiver is an old dinosour 4900 and its never been hooked up to a telephone line (I do hear it click sometimes at nite like it wants to phone in though)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)