Telephone connection

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jb1945

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 26, 2006
Sacramento, California
A telephone plug was needed when I previously had Directv. I can't remember why. I had only 1 TV connected and installed a telephone outlet. I plan on getting Directv again with a second receiver in another room. Can anyone tell me if another telephone outlet is needed in the second room?

jb1945 said:
A telephone plug was needed when I previously had Directv. I can't remember why. I had only 1 TV connected and installed a telephone outlet. I plan on getting Directv again with a second receiver in another room. Can anyone tell me if another telephone outlet is needed in the second room?

According to DTV standards: Yes, all receiver MUST be connected to a land line phone.

Anybody know how long it will be before my R10 DTivo gets the hint and stops flashing the stupid phone message? I've decided I'm not gonna pay $30/mo for Tivo's priveledge of monitoring me. Screw them.

I had hoped that one side effect of dropping the land line would be a cessation of Tivo picks. But they keep coming. And I keep deleting. Grrr.....

You do not need a phone line plugged into the IDU in order for it to work properly. As an installer I am required to plug the unit into a phone line when I install the unit, but if you have no home phone thats fine.

chadzx11 sorry but I have had mine unplugged for 2 years now and it still flashes that message up everyday. IT WILL NOT STOP.:down

You do NOT need a phone line to make a reciever work. 3 of my 8 recievers are hooked up. 3 more have phone lines next to them but I told the installer not to hook those up because the phone line only allows you to order PPV events, and I do not what them ordered on those recievers.

Yeah, I have ONE of five receivers hooked up to the phone line and they all work fine. Just like Eric said, it for ordering PPV stuff and I dont wat my kids ordering stuff without my OK. I know about the locks & limits but my 11 yr. old daughter has hacked my password before and unlocked the system - so no phone line - no ppv orders, no ass whuppin!

tiraggi said:
Yeah, I have ONE of five receivers hooked up to the phone line and they all work fine. Just like Eric said, it for ordering PPV stuff and I dont wat my kids ordering stuff without my OK. I know about the locks & limits but my 11 yr. old daughter has hacked my password before and unlocked the system - so no phone line - no ppv orders, no ass whuppin!

tiraggi,

about your avatar. what movie is that from? isnt he the guy who said"god i love the smell of napalm in the morning"? LOL

yes!! good eye dragon. That is Robert Duvall-Lt. Colonel Kilgore from Apocalypse Now!! Very good movie!!!!

tiraggi said:

yes, but all it would take is a very smart kids to buy/find a realy long phone cord and bypass all that safeguard by not plugging one in

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)