telescopic satellite mast???

tracybuffalo

Original poster
May 14, 2007
does anyone know if there is a telescopic tall satellite mast ??? i know they make flag poles like this. but i also need something pretty sturdy.. my deck on my condo faces north so i have to clear the roof line . but i am on the top floor ... thanks for any input:confused:

There is a telescopic Antenna mast.

You might be able to make this work with a satellite dish.

I think you will have difficulty in peaking your dish though

Travel America (TA) truck stops have these available, wiengard I think is the distributor for this product. What it does is what you want it to but it ataches to the sleeper box of a semi though it could be atached to an rv or any other solid structure.

I reread what you posted and you may have a problem with the association as this actually may not be tall enough so you may need to get 4x4x12 post and atach it to the balcony and then have the dish mounted to it, problem is that it may come under the eyesore section of the HOA for the association if they have one wich most all do.

Last edited:
If you are on the top floor, you may not need a mast nearly as tall as you think. A lot of people just starting out look at where the dish is pointing and think that is the elevation of the satellite. However the lnb is actually offset and the look angle is about 20 deg higher.

I don't know where you live, but in a lot of locations in the continental US, if you can get the dish to clear the roofline, you are home free in seeing the satellite. Look around at other houses in your area that have dishes on the north side and see if they are simply mounting to the eaves and pointing at the peak of the roof. I would use the azmith calculator for your zipcode and then take a look at the elevation setting with an inclinometer.

When I picture a dish on a telescopic mast it gives me a headache. But, It is very doable. Though you may end up have to lower the dish down a few times to make the necessary adjustments for peak and pol. I've worked with telescopic line-of-sight systems many times before and they are handy. I don't know where you would find a commercially-sold mast though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts