Tell me what you think of this

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hrbib21

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2005
Murrells Inlet, SC
Pulled the old "What can you do to keep me as a customer" routine and had a new HR20-100 installed along with free Superfan (already had the non-DVR receiver). This was installed 1.5 weeks ago. The week before the install, I call CS for an explanation as to why I'm not getting the new HD channels that came online in Sept. We did a few things in the settings and I could see the new channels in the guide but was getting the "searching for signal" message. So, he says I need a new multiswitch, he'd add it to the order, and the installer would take care of it. The installer did the HR20 and then says we need a 5-LNB dish, not a multiswitch. Yeah, I'm pretty pissed because I've been waiting for more than 8 HD channels forever. Now they're coming out next Saturday and installing the new dish (free, of course).

One other thing, the installer said they won't be able to run another line into the wall because of my cathedral ceiling which, to be honest, I don't see why it has anything at all do with running another line because it won't have to be run through the cathedral ceiling anyway. He says they'd have to run it through the floor which I'd LOVE to see since we're on a concrete slab. So, CS agreed and said that's ridiculous and I'm also getting that line installed for free. Somehow, I can see an argument brewing with the installer over this part.

Yes, I know both installers and CS can, at times, all be full of crap but what's the deal here? Can D*, AT SOME POINT IN MY LIFE, just come out ONE TIME and do what we agree to prior without a problem? Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the freebies but come on, get it right on the first try for once.

I think you would be even more pissed if you had to pay the $300+ that others have. Cathedral ceiling + concrete slab = 2nd line for DVR straight through an exterior wall and external routing of cable to dish/multi-sw. I’m sure you’ll find someway make the installer understand your frustration though.

I think you would be even more pissed if you had to pay the $300+ that others have. Cathedral ceiling + concrete slab = 2nd line for DVR straight through an exterior wall and external routing of cable to dish/multi-sw. I’m sure you’ll find someway make the installer understand your frustration though.
Of course I would be because I've seen folks time after time on this very forum get the exact same deal that I got, albeit with less headaches. Considering the morons they've been sending out, my negativity is most certainly warranted.

BTW, your wire routing is incorrect. There is no exterior wall to route from. The wall the existing wires are run through is an interior wall, kitchen on one side and LR on the other. But thanks for your comments. I'm elated to hear them.

Of course I would be because I've seen folks time after time on this very forum get the exact same deal that I got, albeit with less headaches. Considering the morons they've been sending out, my negativity is most certainly warranted.

BTW, your wire routing is incorrect. There is no exterior wall to route from. The wall the existing wires are run through is an interior wall, kitchen on one side and LR on the other. But thanks for your comments. I'm elated to hear them.

So you want a wallfish for free and the past couple of tech won't do it because of potential damage. Yeah I can see who is the moron.

So you can't run the cable through an exterior wall, can't go through the floor because of the slab, and most likely don't have an attic above your cathedral ceiling for the installer to even attempt a wall fish down.

How would you run the cable then? Better yet, run to your local Radio Shack, buy some RG-6 cable, then run it your self. That way it will meet with your standards and be done correctly, not by some "moron" of an installer.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)