Tell me why I should wait on the XIP receiver system?

If I have the 722K with the OTA adapter and a 2TB external hard drive, I don't see an advantage for the XIP DVR justifying the huge cost outlay. Especially if all I really care about is recording capacity and and multiple tuners.

I think its the "whole house HD" that makes the 813 a better choice if that's what you want.

Dish should have been working on some way to network their current receivers together ... then they wouldn't leave so many people out in the cold..

ie. I've got 2 722k's and a 211k .... I've no problem with not being able to watch live tv across my network .. but give the receivers access to all the DVR's and then you're making more sense with hardware. Otherwise, you're still left with 211k can't watch anything recorded and moved to an EHD from a 722k ... and to watch something from one 722k on the other, you'd have to move it to EHD, and then move the EHD to the other machine..

just wasteful of customer time, patience, and resources.

I don't really care for the whole house HD as much as I care for the whole house DVR. I have a 722k in my bedroom and a 211 in my living room so my entire house is HD but only one box records. I could get an ehd for the 211 and record shows down in the living room but that would be a huge hastle and I am already tired of my wife asking me if we can watch the DVR downstairs. I am going to get an EHD for the 211 and deal but that just sucks. My house is already wired entirely for a whole house system too.

I don't really care for the whole house HD as much as I care for the whole house DVR. I have a 722k in my bedroom and a 211 in my living room so my entire house is HD but only one box records. I could get an ehd for the 211 and record shows down in the living room but that would be a huge hastle and I am already tired of my wife asking me if we can watch the DVR downstairs. I am going to get an EHD for the 211 and deal but that just sucks. My house is already wired entirely for a whole house system too.
Ok... but then you already have it..

722k on the back.. Coax ... its labeled "Home Distribution" for a reason... because you can output Tuner1 and Tuner2 onto the Coax, and then any TV that connects to that line tunes one of two stations to get the TV1/Tuner1 or TV2/Tuner2 content. But its not HD ...

Sadly its not HD. Even the dvr output is not HD? If it were I could just run the tv2 out to the coax in on the other TV which would be as simple as connecting a coax cable which is currently in the wall. Would take 30s.

I guess I do need the whole house HD :p

I am told it is dead. They just couldn't get it to work correctly with the 722 and Sling Adapter. :(

Well then the sling adapter is useless too , unless you want it for away from home viewing on computers, laptops, etc. So DISH got me for a 922 based on the idea we would have tv 2 in hd soon, then got me for a sling adapter for $99.00 ,before they offered the rebates. Now they announce they are killing the idea entirely. So the 922 is truly a dead end receiver with no use other than a bigger hard drive. So why are the 922 people paying the extra $4.00 a month again for the dvr fee? I am totally dish-gusted with DISH and Charlie on this stupid decision to kill the sling extender.:rant:

I was all excited for the Sling device because I have an HDTV in my bedroom and it has no cable run to it at all. I ended up solving my problem by purchasing a wireless HDMI transmitter. Now I can watch TV1 or TV2 in my bedroom with TV1 being in HD.

Well then the sling adapter is useless too , unless you want it for away from home viewing on computers, laptops, etc.
many computers now have HDMI ports or can be adapted to HDMI and thus play from computer to TV in near HD inside your home.

The main reason I have Sling Adapters is for the inhome viewing .. rather than clutter the area in the living room with Computer stuff.. I can watch from my in-home office ...

Near HD when my monitor resolution is better than HD. At work i have a 3 and 5 megapixel monitor too.

NEAR, You know not what you talk about. Mine plays full 1080p.
Well in all the monitoring I've done, I've never seen the Sling/dish receiver, push more than 10 ... maybe 11 megs of data .... and still didn't do HD properly on three different machines in my environment .. so.. "near HD" meaning to leave room for those that may not get HD even with other things supporting it.

I can do HD (1080p) real time on 6 meg cable from Youtube to my computers & bluray (it has a YT app), I've seen others post they get really good HD from Netflix, etc .. and I can stream to my Dish Receiver real time in HD ... but still not get HD from the receiver to my pc's..

..YMMV..

I have to respectfully disagree with Scott on this one. I think many users would jump at the chance to have whole house HD DVR capability. I don't consider myself a tinkerer, but I get get really frustrated when the show I want to watch is on the wrong DVR. Or have each DVR redundantly record all the same things.

And I don't want sneakernet solutions. I want it to work from the comfort of my chair. And my wife will not tolerate difficult solutions.

I was all excited for the Sling device because I have an HDTV in my bedroom and it has no cable run to it at all. I ended up solving my problem by purchasing a wireless HDMI transmitter. Now I can watch TV1 or TV2 in my bedroom with TV1 being in HD.

Where did you find an hdmi wireless transmitter? I have google searched this one for a long time and haven't seen one online.

Looks nice. 5 GHz, HDCP support on the Stellar. Nice. I'll have to keep this in mind. I have an SD only transmitter, but it only works in the wireless home phone/microwave frequencies, so you can imagine the interference.

And I don't want sneakernet solutions. I want it to work from the comfort of my chair. And my wife will not tolerate difficult solutions.

But without sneakernet, how else will DISH help to conquer America's obesity problem?

Looking forward to any CES announcements about this, because if it doesn't come in the next couple months I'll be switching to DirecTV.

Just plan on switching! It will be announced, delayed months, come out full of bugs, and take years to straighten out!!!! Its the track record!!!! not an opinion

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)