Temporarily moved to location just outside my local area spot beam.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pansat1997

Original poster
May 1, 2011
Indiana
Temporarily moved to location just outside my local area spot beam. The locals come in maybe 30% of the time right now. I was wondering if anyone has tried to skew there antenna towards the local area and if this helps with picking up a better signal? Forgot to mention I have a series 2 receiver.

No, you can't skew the dish. If you are outside the spotbeam, you are out of luck.

What is a series 2 receiver? What are the two zip codes, where you are and where you were?

You should [strike]get[/strike] upgrade to HD as the spot beams for the SD and HD feeds are not exactly the same, might be possible to get one but not the other.

Last edited:
The HD spotbeams are nearly always smaller than the SD ones

pansat1997, are you really only getting 30% on transponder 26 on the 101 satellite? You should be able to get a stronger signal than that. What are your signal strengths on 101? Have you tried peaking the dish?

No, TP26 is a spotbeam and so depending on where you are low or even zero signals are quite normal.

texasbrit, that's where the Indianapolis spot beam is, which according to the satmap, would give him decent signals in Cleveland. The pink line runs right through Cleveland, which is supposed to be the edge of reliable viewing. That should get him a much higher signal strength than 30 don't you think?

texasbrit, that's where the Indianapolis spot beam is, which according to the satmap, would give him decent signals in Cleveland. The pink line runs right through Cleveland, which is supposed to be the edge of reliable viewing. That should get him a much higher signal strength than 30 don't you think?

Yes if the map is correct (not necessarily) I would have expected better.
To the OP. What are your signals on the rest of the 101 transponders? If you are not seeing close to 100 on many of the transponders, your dish is not aligned properly and an alignmemt will improive your TP26 signals also.

I meant I was able to watch 30% of the time although that is a guess but I do get a good picture some of the time. I had 40 on my transponder signal earlier today now it has dropped to 29.

Yes if the map is correct (not necessarily) I would have expected better.
To the OP. What are your signals on the rest of the 101 transponders? If you are not seeing close to 100 on many of the transponders, your dish is not aligned properly and an alignmemt will improive your TP26 signals also.

?Usually 92 or so is my best.

It's possible the satmap is off a bit, but you may have more reliable reception with the dish realigned.

I meant I was able to watch 30% of the time although that is a guess but I do get a good picture some of the time. I had 40 on my transponder signal earlier today now it has dropped to 29.

With a Digital picture, your picture will be perfect all the time as long as you have enough signal strength.
Not like analog where it may fade in and out.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts