Ten Best NFL Teams of All Time

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
vurbano said:
Id love to see the 86 bears vs one of those 90's cowboys teams. I dont think any defense could smack around Larry Allen, Nate Newton, Eric Williams and Mark Stepnoski in their prime. It just isnt going to happen.

You may be right, but the problem is that you would have a hard time double teaming any Bears defensive player on the line b/c if you did that, you are playing right into the hands of the 46 defense. With Dent, Hampton, McMichael & Perry on the line, any team would have to double one of them... that's what gave so many teams fits back in 85. Plus don't forget the Bears allowed 13 points during the month of November. THE ENTIRE MONTH!!!

On another note, I was happy to see Aikman get into the HOF this year. I really think his contribution to the team was seriously undervalued. Yeah he had a great line and great running back, but he was probably the most accurate passer I have ever seen.

The Cowboys of the 90's need to be on that list. They would have beat the Steelers or the Seahawks about as bad as they did the Bills. There is no way the Steelers team this year makes that list or a top 20 list.

jlhugh said:
The Cowboys of the 90's need to be on that list. They would have beat the Steelers or the Seahawks about as bad as they did the Bills. There is no way the Steelers team this year makes that list or a top 20 list.

Im gonna go out on a limb here and ask, you didnt read the list or the criteria did you?

boston area dtv said:
I think the list is pretty dumb. I really dont like the criteria of only being allowed to chose one team per franchise, and limiting the years to excluded the original Packers team is a joke.
I don't know what you mean by excluding the "oroginal " Packers. But Lombardi's team falls into the covered era. But then again if you limit it by time how can you call ita list of the gratest of ALL time?

Chado said:
You may be right, but the problem is that you would have a hard time double teaming any Bears defensive player on the line b/c if you did that, you are playing right into the hands of the 46 defense. With Dent, Hampton, McMichael & Perry on the line, any team would have to double one of them... that's what gave so many teams fits back in 85. Plus don't forget the Bears allowed 13 points during the month of November. THE ENTIRE MONTH!!!

On another note, I was happy to see Aikman get into the HOF this year. I really think his contribution to the team was seriously undervalued. Yeah he had a great line and great running back, but he was probably the most accurate passer I have ever seen.

I seem to remember the Dolphins figuring them out. They had explosive offensive weapons just as the cowboys. But the boys could beat you given whatever game you chose to play. Stop Emmitt if you want and AIkman picks you apart. Make a mistake on offense and Deion scores. I wouldnt double the Dent and crew. You think the best offensive lineman of all time needs any help?http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=20724. Or Eric Williams, the meanest player ever to play? Nate newton would need help? NOPE. Maybe a block by Novachek or Moose Johnston on their way to catching a pass.

On the other side I dont see Mcmahon scoring against the Dallas defense. I do see Deion scoring on special teams too. I really do not see a team that can match up with them. Every player at every position was better than almost every other player in the league. Then factor in the pure strength and speed increases of athletes over the decades and teams of the 70's wouldnt have stood a chance.

Last edited:
vurbano said:
I seem to remember the Dolphins figuring them out. They had explosive offensive weapons just as the cowboys. But the boys could beat you given whatever game you chose to play. Stop Emmitt if you want and AIkman picks you apart. Make a mistake on offense and Deion scores. I wouldnt double the Dent and crew. You think the best offensive lineman of all time needs any help?http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=20724. Or Eric Williams, the meanest player ever to play? Nate newton would need help? NOPE. Maybe a block by Novachek or Moose Johnston on their way to catching a pass.

On the other side I dont see Mcmahon scoring against the Dallas defense. I do see Deion scoring on special teams too. I really do not see a team that can match up with them. Every player at every position was better than almost every other player in the league. Then factor in the pure strength and speed increases of athletes over the decades and teams of the 70's wouldnt have stood a chance.

Got me there with the Dolphins and there is not statistical category that can define or predict incentive to win on a particular night and its very clear that the Dolphins had it that night. If you remember the game, everything went right for the Dolphins, which is another unpredictable measure of a game. One loss in 19 total games that year, I like my chances.

I just find fault in your argument saying that any offense will pick apart one of the best defenses of all time. Defenses win the battle most of the time.

But hey thats the fun of having this argument.

First off the dolphins were not
Undefeated they lost 2 games
In preseason the Detroit lions beat them at Tiger stadium I was there
And the only team that should be
Number 1 is the 1962 Green Bay packers they went 6-0 preseason
13-1 regular season snd beat the ny giants for the nfl championship
They won 16 straight games before Detroit ambushed them on thanksgiving, if the lions had not beat them thanksgiving day the packers would have been the first team to go undefeated no team has ever came that close to going undefeated Miami count not clean Green Bay’s shoes they were not vary good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off the dolphins were not
Undefeated they lost 2 games
In preseason the Detroit lions beat them at Tiger stadium I was there
And the only team that should be
Number 1 is the 1962 Green Bay packers they went 6-0 preseason
13-1 regular season snd beat the ny giants for the nfl championship
They won 16 straight games before Detroit ambushed them on thanksgiving, if the lions had not beat them thanksgiving day the packers would have been the first team to go undefeated no team has ever came that close to going undefeated Miami count not clean Green Bay’s shoes they were not vary good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for bringing up a 15 year old thread(post):clapping

• Sad
Reactions: Jimbo
2007 Patriots. They didn't win the Super Bowl (they came real close), but were the only NFL team to have a 18-0 record in a season and only team to go undefeated in a 16 game regular season. Their offense was through the roof (37 pts per game) which is a record 589 point. Their defense was very good as well (17 points per game). They won by 10 or fewer points in just 5 of 18 games, excluding the Super Bowl. They were dominant! It would be a ridiculously awesome defensive line of a late late bloomer that would finally figure the Pats out.

'85 Bears though... that is some serious defense. I saw the Bears had 31 TOs though, but then found out that ranked them fourth best in the league! They gave up less than 10 points in 7 games (in the regular season) and shutout two playoff opponents. The NFC seemed week in 1985 with only 2 teams 11-5 or better. The AFC had 5 teams. Still, giving up 10 points in aggregate in the playoffs is absurd! So I probably need to adjust the answer. The '85 Bears were nuts. The '07 Patriots were as well, but the defense for Chicago is stand out, much as the Pats offense was in '07.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts