TEN Foot Channel Master Up before winter

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How heavy is the dish?

I don't know exactly but I would say close to 200 pounds. My son and I did not have too much trouble lifting it but I talked to the man who used to install these back in the day. He said just two guys used to put these up with no tractor. Sometimes he said they bolted up the four sections separately and then bolted them together after the 4 separate pieces where up in the air. I would think that would be hard to do. Also he said he put up very few of these 10 foot fiberglass dishes and the metal ones were much easier for them to get in the air.

Without the tractor and at least 3 strong folks I don't think we would have gotten it into the air!

Lastly, I brought Max from Max's TV Repair some color pictures of the dish he gave me. The first thing he said was "What took you so long?". I must admit the hard thing for me was getting the pole set in concrete and I procrastinated a lot on this project.

Final Update

Over Thanksgiving I got the Channel Master setup using the following.

ONE Satellite - - 99W
ONE Polarity - - Hortizontal
ONE LNB - - - - - Norsat
ONE Gate Hinge - - Long and made of steel
ONE Vise - - - -- to hold everything together

Now don't laugh too hard as I now have a fixed dish on 99W for the winter and can pick up EScapes (DVB-S2) with no problems.I decided to wait until spring to purchase and install the motor.

Some Pix.

Attachments

• FeedHorn-LNB-House.jpg
    FeedHorn-LNB-House.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 185
  • GateHinge-Vise.jpg
    GateHinge-Vise.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Over Thanksgiving I got the Channel Master setup using the following.

ONE Satellite - - 99W
ONE Polarity - - Hortizontal
ONE LNB - - - - - Norsat
ONE Gate Hinge - - Long and made of steel
ONE Vise - - - -- to hold everything together

Now don't laugh too hard as I now have a fixed dish on 99W for the winter and can pick up EScapes (DVB-S2) with no problems.I decided to wait until spring to purchase and install the motor.

Some Pix.

WOW! When someone gives you advice you use a'vise literally! :D
That sure does look like Minnesodie handy work to me! :eek:

Last edited:
Congrats!
Great looking dish, nice job!
I think having the whole family involved in a project like this is worth a lot too...
-C.

Reactions: Hockeynut
Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)